Sheen - How, when, where and why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basilisk9466

12-28-2009

The Sheen series was designed for Niddy, no question :P But Nasus, Jax (Empower is an autoattack, Leapstrike gives an automatic autoattack after...), Blitz (Sheened power fist scares me...) and Gangplank all adore it. Shaco is mostly for the better Deceive, IMO.

Something to note is that it does NOT affect toggles. So you won't get bonus damage after you turn on Enrage on Sion, for example.

To your question about Corki, I'd say no. Triforce maybe, due to the mixture of bonuses, but frankly I'd rather spend a little more, get Phantom and Frozen Mallet and get the good bits. Phys DPS chars, with a few exceptions don't have good enough CDs to make it worth it. Even when it does trigger, what are you getting? Corki blasts in, gets his first shot off - depending on the stage of the game, that's 100-200 odd damage before other items, which seems nice; except that that's the equivalent of one more shot. Sheen becomes the equivalent of a free extra attack, and becomes completely worthless late game, when you've got other attack items stacked so that the extra gets completely lost.

By comparison, someone like Nidalee's damage output is doubled (or even more with TF) due to her spam faceroll Cougar attacks, each of which procs the effect. Nasus' SS has a longer CD, but the insane damage output already turns it into a hellish melee harassment nuke and finisher.

Lyta Reimalken

12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk9466 View Post
The Sheen series was designed for Niddy, no question :P But Nasus, Jax (Empower is an autoattack, Leapstrike gives an automatic autoattack after...), Blitz (Sheened power fist scares me...) and Gangplank all adore it. Shaco is mostly for the better Deceive, IMO.

Something to note is that it does NOT affect toggles. So you won't get bonus damage after you turn on Enrage on Sion, for example.

To your question about Corki, I'd say no. Triforce maybe, due to the mixture of bonuses, but frankly I'd rather spend a little more, get Phantom and Frozen Mallet and get the good bits. Phys DPS chars, with a few exceptions don't have good enough CDs to make it worth it. Even when it does trigger, what are you getting? Corki blasts in, gets his first shot off - depending on the stage of the game, that's 100-200 odd damage before other items, which seems nice; except that that's the equivalent of one more shot. Sheen becomes the equivalent of a free extra attack, and becomes completely worthless late game, when you've got other attack items stacked so that the extra gets completely lost.

By comparison, someone like Nidalee's damage output is doubled (or even more with TF) due to her spam faceroll Cougar attacks, each of which procs the effect. Nasus' SS has a longer CD, but the insane damage output already turns it into a hellish melee harassment nuke and finisher.
The reason I considered it on Corki is because he is dropping his ultimate once every 1.2 seconds in a fight, which would seem enough to proc a few extra base dps off, perhaps its not the best idea, but i figure ill look into it.

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

gatsu

Master Recruiter

12-29-2009

Apparently he got ticked off that she wanted a divorce so he started choking her and brandishing a knife.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/28/police...violence-cops/

wait what?

Infiniteri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2009

Sheen/Trinity Force is incredible on Corki. I haven't played him since late beta and he's been nerfed quite a bit, but I'm sure that it's still just as incredible on him. In a fight, you'll be alternating between his auto attack and his skills like mad. I can almost guarantee a first blood with that build, assuming you're going up against a competent team. But don't take my word for it, go try it out.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=21934

That's where I got my info (thanks to the writer!) , still working on getting Corki back

Morzas

12-29-2009

Empower does not proc Sheen. I don't like Sheen or Triforce Jax for that reason (they're still legit builds, I just hate them as they're not my style). However, Counter Strike and Leap Attack have pretty short cooldowns, so if you play AP Jax, keep Golem Buff on you at all times and get Deathfire Grasp or Nashor's Tooth, Lich Bane is fine.

EDIT: Also, some people here seem to be misinformed. The extra damage you get from Sheen-family-item procs cannot crit. That damage is added on after the damage multiplied by crits.

Basilisk9466

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzas View Post
Empower does not proc Sheen. I don't like Sheen or Triforce Jax for that reason (they're still legit builds, I just hate them as they're not my style). However, Counter Strike and Leap Attack have pretty short cooldowns, so if you play AP Jax, keep Golem Buff on you at all times and get Deathfire Grasp or Nashor's Tooth, Lich Bane is fine.

EDIT: Also, some people here seem to be misinformed. The extra damage you get from Sheen-family-item procs cannot crit. That damage is added on after the damage multiplied by crits.
Does it not? I assumed... seems a little odd, but I bow to your superior knowledge. Still, as you say, leap and counter both still proc and have short CD, so it's not a downright stupid idea, just not as good as I thought.

For Corki, yeah, I forgot about the rocket spam. That could certainly make Sheen series worthwhile.

JunkRamen

12-29-2009

Sheen's still pretty good for Jax because even though Empower doesn't proc it, it's still more burst damage on a burst damage ability. Empower + Leap Strike -> Sheen has obvious synergy.