And another patch goes by with no magma chamber/stats/replays/obersvers etc.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irasin

12-04-2010

I was a pretty huge riot fan a few months ago, especially over the summer. Things like what they did with Urf (I thought it was clever and fun), Gentleman Cho (my roommate purchased that skin asap as he plays mostly cho), and various other clever antics. Everywhere LoL was mentioned I brought the good word, smack talked about HoN and how LoL was better, joked about how Riot was such a clever game company, and discussed with roommates all the possibilities the game had. I was particularly impressed with the turnout for WCG and the competitive nature of the game. Sadly, this has all changed. All the things I was excited about, many mentioned in the first post of this thread, havn't come about, and are starting to look like they never will. With each passing patch I get less and less excited about the heroes that come out. I used to play constantly to farm ip for new champs, or old ones I didn't own (gotta catch em all kinda attitude), and now I couldn't care less about any of the new ones. The first signs of annoyance have given way to anger and, frankly, disgust. Replays are not that hard to put in a game. Forums you can SEARCH, are not that hard to have. Maps might be tougher, but they've had months and months, and dare I say an imbalanced map would be better than nothing given (and this is an easy assumption to make) the community would aid in the balancing of said map. It would give the bored and jaded of us something to do rather than just sit and queue summoners rift over and over again. "Hey friend, the new map is out let's go play it" "I hear it's kinda bad so far" "That's ok, riot is listening to players and are going to fix things as they go, shouldn't be more than a week or two before it's better." Observers...not that hard to put in a game. Nerfin the **** out of every support that is "op" simply cause the other team doesn't have one. And don't tell me it's because nobody enjoys playing them, I love playing them, but they're just not as viable anymore unless their name is Sona (last champ I bought on release day consequently). I dunno why but I enjoy the healing aspect of this and many other games, and I have many friends who do as well. C'mon Riot, start listening to the community and stop ignoring the stuff we would like to see in the game, only to pump out mediocre champions that could probably be designed in an afternoon by a few college kids aided by a bag 'o weed.

P.S. Also, Guild/Clan systems, not that hard to put into a game...

D3leet

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexii View Post
Guys,i've come to a conclusion about this thread,and riot.

They simply just don't give a ****.
^^ This is sometimes how it DOES feel, but Don't think its necessarily true. I think they care, but the people who care can't do much about it, and the ones who can do something about it are too busy trying to work on things to tell us something productive.

BananaBandanaMan

12-05-2010

@Irasin i couldn't have said it better myself...i hate seeing a game i once loved get nerfed by the people supposed to make it better

Sinari

12-05-2010

bump!

GrenDArab

12-05-2010

Riot can't get a replay system working yet, a feature that has been around in games for 15 years.

Fail

D3leet

12-05-2010

i think its fail they put an article in a magazine for a new map + upgraded graphics to come out with Irelia, and a MONTH later all we've seen is a subpar hero named Irelia come out, and no new graphics or map, and one bugged Troll.

InHeaven

12-05-2010

The things we all loved about the game got buried beneath a sparkly pile of rubbish.Quite frankly, I couldn't care less about new maps or replays or whatever, I simply miss the times when the game was about fun and not flashy features.You got so obssessed with adding things you think are cool, that you stopped making the cool stuff.I used to buy every new champ and I loved playing all of them.Now i buy one every 5 champs because you're not making them the way you used to. Also, if you listen to every person's complaint and do something about it, it stops being your game, it becomes ours.

Don't get the wrong idea
I really like you Riot, but as you are now you are on your way to becoming another Blizzard.

Cryaotic

Recruiter

12-05-2010

I really think we all need to chill until Xmas. For some reason and this is 99.999% hope that something MAY happen around there....

If not, then we get the torches and pitchforks.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

12-05-2010
5 of 13 Riot Posts

I do indeed still exist 0_o but those following my twitter know I'm in Shanghai at the moment while I respond to this thread.

It has been a while since we did a big update about the features we have in development, so I'll work with the guys when I'm back next week to put something together.

There is a cool feature we're working with a major magazine to give more details about, so while I'm sure it gets old to hear "soon", we are actively working on the biggest update ever to LOL - so some pretty awesome stuff will be coming up soon.

WhatsAGrimace

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
I do indeed still exist 0_o but those following my twitter know I'm in Shanghai at the moment while I respond to this thread.

It has been a while since we did a big update about the features we have in development, so I'll work with the guys when I'm back next week to put something together.

There is a cool feature we're working with a major magazine to give more details about, so while I'm sure it gets old to hear "soon", we are actively working on the biggest update ever to LOL - so some pretty awesome stuff will be coming up soon.
"soon" isn't helpful!
stop getting our hopes up!
eve WAS getting an update soon...about 5 months ago...