Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-04-2014
56 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark binding View Post
no way

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you and zeronis so much.
Name:  NO PROMISES.jpg
Views: 7765
Size:  164.2 KB

Kappadin

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Sorry :P

Just a bit too enthusiastic about all things Morgana.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-04-2014
57 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia View Post
Every major thread that's mentioned the issue in the main forum has been filled with downvotes and dissent from the playerbase. Your choice to ignore that is disheartening and frustrating. I've tried reddit before, and I do not like it. I have no desire to ever be a part of a system that interacts very similarly to it, and I and others will leave when and if it's implemented looking anywhere near what it looks like now.
Welp, that's too bad. The Sion thread currently has 230+ comments with ideas, questions and answers from players and devs alike. I think that's pretty positive. If you choose not to interact, that's certainly your prerogative. I'd gladly welcome anyone to come participate and try the experiment out.

Super Explosion

02-04-2014

Quote:
You assume it's such a terrible alternative yet in a day some really great stuff has happened.
Now Mister Stylus, threads like the Sion thread could have (and did) happen in the vBulletin format.

So that is perhaps not a large point of comparison.

See, there's a somewhat different note in this regard: The Community Beta is already an implemented format on Reddit.

The format's had a decent amount of testing by people as a result.

Which should indicate that not everyone is a fan of that more specialized format, and there may be some value in taking some useful features from it, but on the whole making something more universally appealing.

FlamingoFondue

02-04-2014

Arnold Schwarzenegger better be the new Sion voice or I lose all faith in you ironstylus.

OMG halp meh plz

02-04-2014

Quote:

I'll say it again, put your money where your mouth is, like Hellioning. Not only did that new thread get noticed by other players, but designers (FeralPony, Sion's designer) and the team developing the community beta also.

You assume it's such a terrible alternative yet in a day some really great stuff has happened.
Quote:
Welp, that's too bad. The Sion thread currently has 230+ comments with ideas, questions and answers from players and devs alike. I think that's pretty positive. If you choose not to interact, that's certainly your prerogative. I'd gladly welcome anyone to come participate and try the experiment out.
This is only because:
- you advertised it on twitter
- it was advertised in this thread

We both know if these two things didn't happen, there would be zero discussion in that forum. Its a dead zone, where dreams and ideas go to die

Bandana Dee

02-04-2014

Ironstylus and all others who posted here I just wanted to say thanks.

Threads like this where there are like 50+ riot responces always makes me happy because it shows how much certain rioters love to discuss and just talk with the community

So just a big thank you for your time from a lol fan here.

thank you <-- big

Nuclear Dragon

02-04-2014

Quote:
Usually I try and keep up with this stuff, but I feel a lil out of the loop. What Sion thread we talkin about?

Anyone have a link?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-04-2014
58 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Now Mister Stylus, threads like the Sion thread could have (and did) happen in the vBulletin format.

So that is perhaps not a large point of comparison.

See, there's a somewhat different note in this regard: The Community Beta is already an implemented format on Reddit.

The format's had a decent amount of testing by people as a result.

Which should indicate that not everyone is a fan of that more specialized format, and there may be some value in taking some useful features from it, but on the whole making something more universally appealing.

Indeed, such discussions have happened, and they've been difficult to track and fraught with other problems. They derail, become toxic, and end up becoming impossible to wade through. We all agree, nothing is going to be perfect, but the new system at least has room to utilize new tools and features. There's some ways to grow and tune.

Hellioning

02-04-2014

Quote:
It is valuable, that's why there might be some workable middle ground. Have you started a discussion there yet? Would you like to and point me in the direction to get some traction? I'm all for experimenting. I don't see why you're hell bent against it, and seem to feel everyone else is, when it's such a marginal thing at the moment.

I'll say it again, put your money where your mouth is, like Hellioning. Not only did that new thread get noticed by other players, but designers (FeralPony, Sion's designer) and the team developing the community beta also.

To be fair, this thread and your own tweet have given that thread much more notice and attention then basically any other thread in the beta forums. Now, this will probably change when these forums get shut down in exchange for the beta forums, but until then, in order to get any notice from the players, you'd have to tweet every single thread you see that you think would be good for discussion. And if you want to do that, sure, that's fine, but I thought the beta forums were supposed to make things easier for you guys.

It also has the issue of the lack of trolls and general unpleasantness that this forum is known for is going to be temporary; when you guys make the switch, those people are forced to either A) stop posting or B) post in the new forums. Which on do you think they're going to pick?

I'm not saying it's going to be terrible or anything, I'm just saying that you are way too optimistic about this change. I severely doubt changing forums is going to make the stupid threads go away.