Regarding Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pyropope

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVladbrolaf View Post
Panth mainers won't comment, they'll just keep rapidly downvoting any topic with the truth in it.
I am perfectly fine with pantheon the way he was. I played a tanky pantheon build late game, with brutalizer early for kills. I did well.

THis pantheon, first game i failed playing the old way. Second game i went Q level 1 (I like the harass) stun level 2, HHS level 3... maxed HHS at this point. Got to play AD and still did well.

I agree he may be overpowered at the moment. But Riot did not want to see him as a Q spamming stick.... so anyone have any proposed change that will make him viable but not OP?

Neegrows

12-03-2010

He's a melee caster who dies just as fast as ranged casters, get that through your thick heads... Why nerf him after you just made him viable again for having a strong nuke that became more of a priority than a spam Q spell? Just a reminder, a fed veigar can 1 shot somone faster and with more ease than a fed pantheon.

Itszuvalex

12-03-2010

Pantheon was most balanced when he was bugged, I honestly have to say. It made him scale ridiculously into end game, but hey that's all right. Why? Because obviously a character who's physical burst can't scale linearly and still be balanced in all levels of play. What the broken scaling on his HSS did was make damage items twice as effective late game....sounds like almost all other physical carries. Because it didn't scale linearly, HSS was weak/moderate (about 150 damage ~ level 4) early on, yet still did 900 damage at about level 14 (pre armor). They've tried linear damage, how about having a go with making his HSS more like physical carries and make it exponential once more?

Over 9000 Skills

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neegrows View Post
He's a melee caster who dies just as fast as ranged casters, get that through your thick heads... Why nerf him after you just made him viable again for having a strong nuke that became more of a priority than a spam Q spell? Just a reminder, a fed veigar can 1 shot somone faster and with more ease than a fed pantheon.
A fed veigar needs to use 3+ abilities and a DFG to nuke, and his stun is easily dodged by any decent player. Pantheon insta stuns and proceeds to nuke you down with 2 abilities while you're unable to zhonya's or use any other defensive cooldowns.

And the fact remains, how many physical carries have abilities that do 4x the damage of their normal auto attacks, in an AoE radius?

Also don't misunderstand, this isn't some QQ post, but people shouldn't deny that he's OP, as long as the Pantheon in question is moderately decent at last hitting minions and hopefully scores an early kill, that brutalizer will guarantee that if he's laning against a squishy, he can easily score 2-3 more kills with a simple 1-2 combo, and it only gets worse from there. No DPS or Caster champion should have to worry about getting a thornmail or sunfire that early.

BlastedBarnacles

12-03-2010

The voice of reason. I love you sir.

Mizerable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2010

Very good post! +1. I am glad a purple post gets more attention, I hardly did . Here is what I thought of this
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=1#post4490363
Basically the same information.

People need to get their information straight

TheInfamousDrK

12-03-2010

Actually, Pantheon is fine. All they need to do is nerf rank 1 of E. That's it. Everything else about him is fine. People are just used to standing in it and laughing, and they are mad they cannot do that anymore.

thehippiekiller

12-03-2010

pretty much sums it up.

Pika Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over 9000 Skills View Post
A fed veigar needs to use 3+ abilities and a DFG to nuke, and his stun is easily dodged by any decent player. Pantheon insta stuns and proceeds to nuke you down with 2 abilities while you're unable to zhonya's or use any other defensive cooldowns.

And the fact remains, how many physical carries have abilities that do 4x the damage of their normal auto attacks, in an AoE radius?

Also don't misunderstand, this isn't some QQ post, but people shouldn't deny that he's OP, as long as the Pantheon in question is moderately decent at last hitting minions and hopefully scores an early kill, that brutalizer will guarantee that if he's laning against a squishy, he can easily score 2-3 more kills with a simple 1-2 combo, and it only gets worse from there. No DPS or Caster champion should have to worry about getting a thornmail or sunfire that early.
erm... panths auto attack is laughable. yi has higher damage and attack speed built in, so his auto attacks can wreck you. panth doesnt have the speed of the built in strength to rely on his auto attacks, so he needs his abilities to do a lot more damage

Earl of Preston

12-03-2010

It's so hard to play defensively and stay out of range of his stun. So hard.

I CAN'T DO IT