Common problems and probable solutions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

icecoffee

08-04-2009

well its the 9500+ so 9500 or better

hohums

Software Engineer

08-07-2009
7 of 27 Riot Posts

Made some updates to FPS and about the loadscreen crash.

hohums

Software Engineer

08-08-2009
8 of 27 Riot Posts

Updated with tips on improving performance. Let me know of anything I should add or solutions that you think may be helpful for others.

B for Billy Mays

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2009

I have a slight variation to the black screen problem posted above. Nothing shows on my screen. No HUD, absolutely nothing is showing up. Occasionally it works and im able to play but other times (no difference to what im doing in the background or programs running.) it just doesnt load. Last night i played 3 or so games, this afternoon, i attempt to play 4 games (1 a practice game b/c the # of Leaves is getting ridiculous with these crashes.) I looked at the logs b4 i sent them in. The problem im seeing is that the client is failing to load the graphics and after a certain number of times (in my case 6) it "destroys" the renderer. Just wondering if that was included in the black screen problem you have listed above. I'll send the latest log i have again from another practice game i'll play just so u get the info. Happy programming lulz

AirIckZoo

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
Most likely cause 2: Toon line-ing is causing problems. Lowering to low character settings can fix this problem.
I don't understand how to fix this. PLEASE help!

hohums

Software Engineer

08-11-2009
9 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirIckZoo View Post
I don't understand how to fix this. PLEASE help!
Press ESC in the game and set the character option to low in the video options.

hohums

Software Engineer

08-11-2009
10 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B for Billy Mays View Post
I have a slight variation to the black screen problem posted above. Nothing shows on my screen. No HUD, absolutely nothing is showing up. Occasionally it works and im able to play but other times (no difference to what im doing in the background or programs running.) it just doesnt load. Last night i played 3 or so games, this afternoon, i attempt to play 4 games (1 a practice game b/c the # of Leaves is getting ridiculous with these crashes.) I looked at the logs b4 i sent them in. The problem im seeing is that the client is failing to load the graphics and after a certain number of times (in my case 6) it "destroys" the renderer. Just wondering if that was included in the black screen problem you have listed above. I'll send the latest log i have again from another practice game i'll play just so u get the info. Happy programming lulz
Do you have the latest drivers and more then 2GBs for virtual memory? Possibly you are running out of memory or some resource is not being freed.

I'd update all your drivers including the windows updates and see if that helps.

AirIckZoo

08-11-2009

Quote:
Press ESC in the game and set the character option to low in the video options.
Do you mean in the game as in when you spawned? Because it's not working for me. I can right click for my character and move the screen, but when I do push Esc, it wont allow me to move the screen or move my character anymore, so the menu probably pops up, but I can't see it. Any solution?

I just figured out that my graphics card doesn't support shader 2.0. What am I supposed to do?

B for Billy Mays

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2009

Quote:
Do you have the latest drivers and more then 2GBs for virtual memory? Possibly you are running out of memory or some resource is not being freed.

I'd update all your drivers including the windows updates and see if that helps.
yes actually i do, not to sound condescending of nething (Im sorry if it did) i have exactly 2GB and while looking at system memory usage through task manager after this problem happens its nowhere in the range where it would cause problems, all my drivers are up to date and the videocard isnt the issue im running an ati x1650. Im not completely sure but whenever i restart the actual pvp.net client and relog again i dont encounter this problem for at least the first game. thanks for your help so far.

hohums

Software Engineer

08-12-2009
11 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirIckZoo View Post
Do you mean in the game as in when you spawned? Because it's not working for me. I can right click for my character and move the screen, but when I do push Esc, it wont allow me to move the screen or move my character anymore, so the menu probably pops up, but I can't see it. Any solution?

I just figured out that my graphics card doesn't support shader 2.0. What am I supposed to do?
We don't support anything lower then shader 2.0. (What is your graphics card BTW?)

The only solution to that if you want to play is to upgrade your graphics card. You can get a new graphics card that will work for about $50 (US). Installing it is reasonably easy.
The main thing to worry about with installing it is to make sure that it will work with your motherboard and that you have enough power.