Questions about Yasuo's kit

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teteo

11-22-2013

CertainlyT thank you so much for Yasuo. I wrote down a concept for a champion that was close to this about a year and a half ago based on what I wanted in a champion. Without even playing him I can tell I'm going to love his kit, and I already love his backstory.

My question is: If Yasuo is mid fight, is there a cap on how many times Sweeping Blade can be used? Ex; Dashing to between multiple minions as well as all five enemy champions.

FrankerZ

11-22-2013

So if E's cooldown is unit dependent: will there be an easy way to tell who I can dash to and who I can't (without waiting)?
I imagine it'd suck if you're making a great escape and forgot you recently dashed to a certain minion

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

11-22-2013
11 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor K View Post
My question is: If Yasuo is mid fight, is there a cap on how many times Sweeping Blade can be used? Ex; Dashing to between multiple minions as well as all five enemy champions.
The only cap on dashing is having a neutral or enemy unit in range that you haven't dashed to within the last 10-6 seconds. So in a team fight with 5 enemy champions, 6 minions, Tibbers and a Shaco Clone, you could dash 13 times per 6 seconds if you could somehow manage to chain it all together properly. Now, I'm not going to promise those fixed distance dashes will get you anywhere you want to be. That's up to the player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankerZ View Post
So if E's cooldown is unit dependent: will there be an easy way to tell who I can dash to and who I can't (without waiting)?
I imagine it'd suck if you're making a great escape and forgot you recently dashed to a certain minion
Yes, Yasuo has a self-only circle timer around units he dashes to. It counts down the remaining cooldown like a hand circling a clock.

Zyxn

11-22-2013

How does his passive work? Are both of the effects always active?

Corvic Maractis

11-22-2013

Does he play anything like zorro from 300 heroes?

Talith PA

11-22-2013

So you were reworking Fiora so she can be a fun and interesting champion but then appropriated the kit to put on a new champion in order to placate the shirtless male eye-candy lobby. I see how it is.

TheHawkbat

11-22-2013

What made you give him that double crit chance on the passive? I was under the impression that you were trying to remove rng from the game, so it seems a bit odd the a new champ actually encourages buying a rng reliant stat.

Or is it just like the attack speed on Lucians ult, a way to stop him from being a full ad caster that seldom uses auto attacks?

IS1fa683c28dc19e7c38003

11-22-2013

Yasuo is looking to be a very fun right now. But don't you have a feeling like he is what Fiora always wanted to be? He is a swordsman. Can dash from target to target in teamfight. Has a deflection abillity that rewards split-second reaction and not only blocks a single AA, but skillshots, ults, has a longer duration and is multi-use. He also has an amazing passive for an AD carry, and an armor penetration on his ult.
Was it ever considered to make this kit as a rework option for Fiora?

Teteo

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Now, I'm not going to promise those fixed distance dashes will get you anywhere you want to be. That's up to the player.
This basically gives Yasuo a huge ceiling. I'm not going to compare him to Lee Sin, but in a way it seems the only real limit to how good Yasuo can be is completely dependent on the summoner.

Thanks again CertainlyT.

Darlh Mallas

11-22-2013

Can we block Blit'z hands or Thresh Hooks with his wind wall?