Questions about Yasuo's kit

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harosama

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Early iterations of Yasuo's Q were conal AOEs. The gameplay wasn't right. The katana is actually a very capable thrusting weapon and the mechanic was exactly what Yasuo needed.
I'm afraid I disagree, a KAtana is not a thrusting weapon. It is a slashing weapon designed for Slicing unlike a Rapier which IS designed for thrusting or a Broadsword which is designed for "hacking (that is to say letting it's weight do the cutting rather than sliding the edge across the surface. The only "thrust the Katana is capable of is to slide the edge past the opponetns guard and against the skin (usually the shoulder or head). In fact once you make a connection with a swing you pull the katana back rather than follow through like you would with anothe type of sword, making it more of a reverse thrust than anything else. Just a little nit pick, he looks awesome.

TypeOPositive

11-22-2013

Jesus people...
Projectile check list:

[IF] is it a physical object that travels through the air unattached to the launcher body (arrow, knife, sickle, spear, bra, ice shard, bottle of water, rotten tomato) [THEN] block
[ELSE]
[IF] it is a non-physical, immaterial or energy based unit that travels through the air unattached to the launching body(laser beam, mystic shot, lightning bolt, color spray, offensive language ) [THEN] eat it!
[ELSE]
[IF] physical or non-physical projectile falls vertically at target location [THEN] eat it!

Sanovah

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Good question. Not being to ult can indeed be a drag. Setting up a perfect ult across the entire enemy team, or moving from one side of a spread out team fight to another can be very fun. I'm a big believer in limitations combined with heightened rewards for success.

We have a lot of champions on our roster. If Yasuo isn't for you, I'm sure you can find a few you like.

So how does his ult work exactly. Does the Janna on my team use her hurricane and I now have 2 seconds or w/e it is to queue my R and then clicka target? Or is it more like Morgana where I can't use it unless a knocked up enemy is in range and it auto targets?

Hoping it's like Morg because the first one doesn't seem usable unless you're playing in the server room between short knockup durations and latency.

P.S where's my invite to PBE this guy is exactly who I play and in both top and mid. Thought players like more were supposed to be invited to test something like this since we play it.

DarkflameShyvana

11-22-2013

Thanks for answering some Qs CT.

Silver Grimalkin

11-22-2013

The one thing about yasuo's kit that concerns me is that, if Im reading this right, his E is a hyper-spammable gap-closer farming tool if it can be used on minions, and his effective threat range is really worrisome big, especially since he could easily E to a caster minion, E to an enemy champion, then E back to another caster minion for quick, cheap harass, with limited reaction due to how mobles he is making landing skillshots a paint (as if they weren't enough already with his W.)

SASHIKISONS87

11-22-2013

If you can see the minions (everyone can) then you know where he can get mobile. Thats counterplay.

Also, I'm willing to bet that his E doesn't do THAT much damage; though I will say hes likely to E in, aa-Q then E out.

xProR2D2x

11-22-2013

Wait, so what happens to Orianna ball then, does it disappears c:?
Does it counters Syndra ult completely too?

Jaximus Prlme

11-22-2013

So far i think this is a great hero. But i think you will have to buff him. From what im hearing his early game is weak. His E does not interact with minions. However, when ganked you could do some crazy, combo dash moves, like dash to jungler avoid laner skill shot, (dash back to laner, avoid jungler skill shot, dash to jungler, (wall) Run to tower.. Ok nevermind as long as hit Ult is like Vi's and not cleansed or flashed. He will be best kit ever.

TypeOPositive

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xProR2D2x View Post
Wait, so by your means Orianna ball is then a projectile, does that means it disappears c:?
Does it counters Syndra ult completely too?
That Wind Wall sounds more and more terrifying doesn't it? )

Genow

11-22-2013

So Yasuo is the best at stopping lux from stealing dragon?