Questions about Yasuo's kit

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AkumaFu

11-22-2013

That is awesome. I'm so excited to play this champion.

Another question if you don't mind, it says you can e q for a combo that is an aoe knockup correct? But i saw where you said the q is a straight line move similar to jarvan's q. So doing it during e guarantees a knockup on the opponent? Even if he's not in the line, but close enough to you?

UnderworldH4des

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
No, if Yasuo dashes through Annie, he cannot dash through Annie for 10 more seconds, but he can almost immediately dash through anyone else. Think about it literally as an ability that has a cooldown per target, kind of like Udyr's Bear Stance stun.

So how do I know that it was you that designed this champion? mhmhmh?!

i don't see any true damage or resets ;O

SanSarra

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
No, if Yasuo dashes through Annie, he cannot dash through Annie for 10 more seconds, but he can almost immediately dash through anyone else. Think about it literally as an ability that has a cooldown per target, kind of like Udyr's Bear Stance stun.

Ohhh I see exactly what you mean. So it's more a fast displacement/stack tool than an engage dash, like Fiora's.

It allows you to move through the fight, but doesn't help you that much in term of sticking power, I see I see. ^^

This look like so much fun, as always *_*. How do you come with such kits, seriously?

NA Darklarik

11-22-2013

One very important Question: Does the wall block only abilities from the FRONT of the wall or does it also block from the back?

Could you reposition yourself in the front and back of the wall to block Skills from different angles?

SASHIKISONS87

11-22-2013

Hi CertainlyT, if you've seen this Q already in the other thread sorry! Regarding Yasuo's W, what is the cast time like? If I reacted to Gragas ult, would the wall come out in time to block, or is there a cast time? Thank you!

SanSarra

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM OVi View Post
That is awesome. I'm so excited to play this champion.

Another question if you don't mind, it says you can e q for a combo that is an aoe knockup correct? But i saw where you said the q is a straight line move similar to jarvan's q. So doing it during e guarantees a knockup on the opponent? Even if he's not in the line, but close enough to you?
I think it does, but only if you have enough charges.

Basically I see Yasuo gameplay like this (apart from W):

Use E in fight to move around to your target (whatever it may be), gather stacks on the process, use Q on your victim to knock him up, allowing you to follow up with your ultimate, the victim being airborne.

Think I'm right? :3

JabaRune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2013

What will his first skin be like? This will be the first time I buy a skin for a champion that I've never played before... well, assuming I like the skin : p

I cannot wait for him to come out @_@ I was getting tired of lee sin, zed and nidalee, lol

SanSarra

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASHIKISONS87 View Post
Hi CertainlyT, if you've seen this Q already in the other thread sorry! Regarding Yasuo's W, what is the cast time like? If I reacted to Gragas ult, would the wall come out in time to block, or is there a cast time? Thank you!
That's actually a good question :l

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

11-22-2013
5 of 11 Riot Posts

Yasuo is a melee AD carry. He is closer in build path to Riven than Garen (a typical build might be Vamp Scepter/Statikk Shiv/Merc Treads/IE/Guardian Angel/Randuins), whereas I often build defensive items earlier on Garen and then start building offense as my base damage becomes insufficient. His power curve is designed to be less focused on the early game than Riven and more on the mid and late game.

Yasuo can only cast Last Breath on champions knocked up by negative status effects. It does not work on champions that are leaping, dashing or jumping.

EQ is not instant. You can miss because Yasuo's dash is a fixed distance move, similar to Fizz's Q.

Wind Wall blocks all projectiles that hit it, from any direction. Yasuo can indeed move or dash through it as needed. The wall is very thin so standing inside of it is not a particularly effective strategy in most cases.

Wind Wall is an instant ability, so you can make sick reaction plays. Tried to get the feel of slashing a bullet out of the air.

vasheenomed

11-22-2013

does nami's bubble count as airborne I believe it is called a stun but the visual effect is in the air.... this should be clarified now before people try it XD