Confirmation on the "airborne" distinction?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cpmd4

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
While those don't count for the ability because they are self imposed, your logic is also flawed, because you can hit anyone during any knock up with a skill-shot.
I only meant it's a dash because she is hit by skill-shots along the path, not that it had anything to do knock-ups. She's not actually airborne is what I was getting at, even if she looks like she is.

MemeticMachine

11-21-2013

'Yasuo teleports to a nearby Airborne enemy champion, briefly suspending them and all surrounding Airborne enemies mid-air as he damages them.'
about the suspending part... is that just a prolonged knock up/stun like nami's q?
edit:... 0.o I just realized... he's like a fiora with CC! oh gawd!

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-21-2013
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmd4 View Post
I only meant it's a dash because she is hit by skill-shots along the path, not that it had anything to do knock-ups. She's not actually airborne is what I was getting at, even if she looks like she is.
Nothing is airborne, even if it looks like it is . Things are airborne if we think they're airborne. Missiles just don't care :P

Cathulion

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx the Zombie View Post
If you read further into the champion reveal -I believe it states this in the Teamfights section- it's said that his ult can be used on anyone who is affected by any knockup effect. So yes, Janna, Alistar, Zyra, Cho, Malph, and anyone else who has knockup effects will be able to open Yasuo's ult for use.
More then half the time I fight with people who NEVER choose a champ that can make enemies airborne. So it'll be useless.

Maximum Zac

11-21-2013

Quote:
Nothing is airborne, even if it looks like it is . Things are airborne if we think they're airborne. Missiles just don't care :P
Hooray for no z-axis!

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2013

That's a weird, weird level of synergy for one champ to have with others. Nothing like that in LoL til now...

cpmd4

11-21-2013

Quote:
Oh, I was thinking this was a unique thing for "jumps" for consistency among dashes. Is there a specific reason it works this way? Is the Z axis effectively non-existant for gameplay purposes then?

IS1938205e2ab4e357e8748

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathulion View Post
More then half the time I fight with people who NEVER choose a champ that can make enemies airborne. So it'll be useless.
Not an issue. Yasuo can do it himself.

Summoners Drift

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
That's a weird, weird level of synergy for one champ to have with others. Nothing like that in LoL til now...
Malphite+yasuo=GG

Maximum Zac

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmd4 View Post
Oh, I was thinking this was a unique thing for "jumps" for consistency among dashes. Is there a specific reason it works this way? Is the Z axis effectively non-existant for gameplay purposes then?
No z-axis at all gameplay wise. Vlad's troll pool will damage enemy champion leaping over it. Tristana will make a teemo shroom explode as she flying 10 feet in the air above it.