[Guide] Sivir, The Battle Mistress

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackNadir

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
My only gripe with Spiral Blade early on is that you have to get a lot of mana regen to support pushing that way. Leaves less money for heavy damage items that will hold up better late game IMO. I do like Spiral for mid to late creep blobs for the reasons you mentioned. However Ricochet is too nice to not love as far as I'm concerned
Yeah, I never have any end game dps. I usually have moderate survivability, though. With the way I build, I always have a 2k-3k health and roughly 300 armor and some magic resist. I figured if I wasn't going to be able to out dps people, I would live long enough to outrun them or kite them into my team so that they would die shortly after me. I normally sacrifice rally for flash for a quick gank gettaway and buy boots of movement 3 to amplify it. Because I don't rely on richochet normally, obviously. I'm pretty sure this means I'm not the best tower taker, but it's nice to know that I can usually live long enough to jump lanes or make second attempts without a messy death.

It would be nice to be able to attack someone at the end of the game and have them notice me doing so. May not be able to play tonight, but Tuesday for sure, so I'll test your strategy out then.

Engarde

Adjudicator

08-10-2009

Just a note here : nothing procs of of richochet hits, not even crits, or lifesteal.
My way to play sivir is start with meki pendant, turn it into chalice, max spiral blade, at max rank it easily one shots creeps, then get starks and aegis. No one wants to push against this sivir when she has some backup.

Doctor Awesome

08-10-2009

I gotta say I love Stark's, and it really solidifies her role as "Team Leader", since her Ultimate is such a huge buff to allies. She's one of the few champs that can help a losing team--even one behind in levels--recover.

Consider that, if you're holding Stark's and you use your rank 3 ultimate, your teammates now have +57% Attack Speed, +20% Lifesteal, +17% Move Speed, and +30 HP/5s, while all enemies have -25 armor. This is enough to either win a fight at which you had a disadvanage, or enough to run up and melt a tower or two with 5 people.

That said, I feel dumb for not investing in her damage, since she can so easily pump that out.

The only major area in which I'll disagree with your build is, my first 5 points are Spiral Blade, Ricochet, Spiral Blade, Ricochet, and Spell Shield. Spiral Blade is just too good of a harassment/pressure attack early game to pass up. The opponent is at a major disadvantage if you Blade them from the bushes at the start of the game, or Blade them and a couple minions every time they get in range.

I consider Spiral Blade just another expression of the fact that Sivir is the best farmer because she can farm and harass at the same time. Yes, Blade is a very inefficient way of farming when you could just be using Ricochet, but it's generally quite easy to peg an enemy champ while also killing half their minions--if you look at it that way, it's actually rather cheap, mana-wise.

In addition, I had no idea Spiral Blade gets a whopping 75% AP ratio; when you consider that you're going to hit them with both hits 90% of the time, that means it effectively has a 150% AP ratio, which is the highest of any attack in the game. Only Veigar's ultimate comes close. I'll have to test it, but I imagine putting a little money into an AP item could go a long way in making Sivir an actually lethal force. Is there an item that boosts AP, and some other stat Sivir can use, like damage or attack speed?

XIIÍ

08-10-2009

Personally, I love Spiral Blade and Sivir as a hero (although I do sometimes feel that they just picked a bunch of skills and put it together without really making everything synergize). I usually play her as a support/pusher. Lately, I've been considering building her with Rod of Ages (+450 HP, +450 mana, +50 AP, and the unique ability) since Spiral Blade is so much fun to use and she could use all of those stats. Of course it would just be for fun since Stark's does suit her role as a team player better.

Strange Fluids

08-10-2009

One section I'd like to add is a section on Spell Shield and what it does and does not block. I know, much to my annoyance, Spell Shield doesn't block any and all abilities. If you guys have any observations I'd love to hear them.

Sagas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-10-2009

Maxed spiral blade kills caster creeps if it gets them both ways. I also go for Philosopher's stone then chalice. A well-timed spiral blade can get you several creep kills and some hero damage in the lane if you time it right. Early levels Ricochet isn't doing much because it's attack based. Either way, you don't want to be mana constrained.

I don't get spell shield unless I have an annoying caster in the lane. As a primary pusher (how I play her) I also don't get her ult until I've maxed spiral and ricochet.

MercTroop

08-10-2009

I always get Richocet last. Early game its better to spiral blade it pushes a lane back easily and is a night mare for melee champions.

What exactly does a higher level spell shield do?

Cool down doesn't seem to change nor the mana cost.

@Adams: Spell shield doesn't seem to block any aoe damage you take. It seems to need to be direct spell cast on you. Useful against Ryze.

Akaris

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Awesome View Post
Is there an item that boosts AP, and some other stat Sivir can use, like damage or attack speed?
I've been looking at the new Nashor's Tooth with Sivir. I haven't tested it yet, but it seems like a great addition to the usual item lineup:

Nashor's Tooth:
  • +30% Attack Speed
  • +55 Ability Power
  • +10 Mana Regeneration per 5 +15% Cooldown Reduction
I've also wondered about Malady:
  • +15% Lifesteal
  • +40% Attack Speed
  • Passive: 30% chance on hit to proc a debuff that increases the damage received from enemy champion attacks by 8 Magic Damage for 8 seconds. This effect stacks to a maximum of 6.
I thought this might be a better replacement for the lifesteal items I usually get since it also includes attack speed. Plus, that debuff seems worthwhile IF it also applies to all the ricochets.

Feedback from those that have tried it would be great.

BlackNadir

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
One section I'd like to add is a section on Spell Shield and what it does and does not block. I know, much to my annoyance, Spell Shield doesn't block any and all abilities. If you guys have any observations I'd love to hear them.
I know for a fact that it doesn't save you from timekeepr bombs, whether you're targetted or just nearby. I think the comment about AE spells is right. It has to be direct target spells.

Strange Fluids

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNadir View Post
I know for a fact that it doesn't save you from timekeepr bombs, whether you're targetted or just nearby. I think the comment about AE spells is right. It has to be direct target spells.
Pretty sure you're right about that, it also won't counter Ashe's slowing shot for whatever reason. It seems like most targeted spells get blocked, but not all.

123456 ... 9