Ideas for the eventual Taric VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eclipse Apostle

10-17-2013

I always think of the Chinese splash art as what a potential protege of Taric would look like. While I'm in favor of forgoing the shield, I don't really look forward to the likely auto-attacks that we'd get for him (those 'flowing' ones from Yi/Garen are weird with low AS). That said, his current autos are underwhelming. I think the shield limits the amount of Taric we're exposed to, which is a bad thing.

Overall, give him the two-hander but with power animations over grace. Garen almost has these, but his attacks are angles that imply passing through, where as Taric's should be animations that end on top of the enemy to give them that 'oomph'. If we do need the shield, I vote for a flail. With Shatter levels the spikes can get larger/more gems, and when he ults he can spin it around while his glorious locks flow in the radiance of his presence.

On a side note, give Armor of the Fifth Age only a loin-cloth and a sword, but keep the leg warmers. When he Dazzles his hair should glow pink, then he shoots fabulous from the sword-point.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Hazard View Post
Flashier effects, more sparkles. Dude should be so fabulous and manly that he makes men question their sexuality

Use this for reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkPqh0z-_Y
>not just posting Araki art

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QU_2hDPddk...i+Hirohiko.jpg

HandheldBrandon

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Keep the hammer and armor. He has a D&D Cleric look to him which is something iconic.

However, he is a Gem Knight. Why does he only have what appears to be diamonds/quartz on his armor? Thematically, he should have more variety. It also makes him more FAAAAAAAABULOUS for the memetic value.

Audio terms, he talks about gems. Opals, rubys, sapphires, emeralds. Why not stuff like Topaz? Lapis Lazulli? Amethyst? Or all the other birth stones?

Personally, don't use the Reddit feature.
Rainbow Gem taric INC.

You heard it here first.

Nanatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmlg420noscopex View Post
if one of taric's emotes doesn't involve him flashing jojo poses, i will be a sad person.
Name:  f4e.jpg
Views: 2571
Size:  109.5 KB

BACKSTABUUU

10-17-2013

When Taric is redone, two things needs to stay the same.

1) He needs to stay outrageous

2) Perfect hair forever

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-17-2013
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMLG420NoScopeX View Post
But with a hammer...
Attachment 803423
Soo.. yeah. Might have been looking at this for some reference.

That and the 3D model someone linked.

They're both good options, I guess it depends where we want to take him. Should he be an armored knight that likes gems? Or literally have his armor made of crystal? Or something totally different?

ice654

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKlown View Post
IronStylus, please leave Taric alone, ALL of the VU's recently have been meh. You can't tell me Garen or Yi look better now then before? Huge bodys with weird animations and sword holding as they run. PLEASE leave Taric alone. He's fabulous the way he is.

Garen's VU was pretty awful, but Taric's current look is so bad that anything, even a VU of Garen's caliber, would be better

chinashop bull

10-17-2013

Don't mess with his voice please. I love me some "Ruby, for vigor."

also, as I understand it riot likes to make sure champions have a clear locus of power, usually of course it's a weapon. Why not make tarics locus the shield, he is a protector.

There's like 100 other champs to fulfil the look at my big sword, i am so powerful i will thrust it into you ,raghh fantasy.

Taric, with his soothing voice and composure on the battlefield reminds me a bit of Spock, and I think a spockian fantasy is one lots of people would and do enjoy.

Not Colonel J

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Bring on your ideas. Now's the time!
Expanded lore obviously, right now he's just some closeted alien who came to Runeterra somehow, and in-game references to his homeworld. Maybe make him more depressed like Maokai. Melancholic.

All the beautiful things make him happy, yet homesick.

Edit: closeted =/= gay

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

10-17-2013

His armor should be made of gems. He should cause the area around him to sparkle with the outrageous intensity of his flawless armor.

Gems make sense for his armor. Diamonds are the hardest mineral in the world. Fitting for a tank.