Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyvius

10-16-2013

BASED Riot does listen.

I am pleased. Let's see how this works out.

Mundo

10-16-2013

Hope it works, hope no one decides to try Janna jungle or something and actually talks to team. Does it auto lock the champion?

I am sure it will be fun regardless.

Heron Blade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2013

Do you think there would be a problem where some team captains go afk for long periods of time? If so, would there be a similar time limit to the custom game lobbies?

BelligerentGnu

10-16-2013

Hey Lyte,

Just want to reiterate this question, because I don't think a red has answered it yet:

Will Ranked champion select be getting any love over the course of the next year? As awesome as the Team Builder is, it doesn't seem well-suited to ranked play yet, and (as you yourself have said) ranked is the most toxic mode.

I'm just worried that with all the resources you're devoting to team builder, ranked and to a lesser extent the honour system will be left by the wayside.

atz9999

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2013

Is there a way to report these nameless people who come into the lobby? I'm glad we will be able to kick them but if they then just leave my lobby to go into another lobby to continue spouting obscenities and racial slurs and what have you then the problem isn't really solved. It is already bad enough that pre and post game chat is not in the tribunal and that we can't report people's names when we watch other peoples games.

I hope you guys seriously consider allowing multiple champions or (preferably) the ability to change champions once you get into a room with the consent of your team. I, for example, play many different tanky junglers and try to pick the one that is the perfect fit for my team. If I join a lobby and I am queued up as "Tanky Champion A" and I look at the team comp and understand why they wanted "Tanky Champion A" but "Tanky Champion B" would do all the things they want AND more for this team composition. I should be able to make my case to my new team and if they agree then be able to change.

I really like the team builder idea and I hope it works well. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to make this.

SauronZ

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starvald View Post
And even if "many" people say they are fine with having a mid-Heimerdinger on the team there will still be a shift in general towards not allowing obscure champions into unconventional roles
and how exactly is the current champion select better in this regard?

DynastyNam

10-16-2013

you have no clue how much I just cried of excitement. for once.. I LOVE YOU RIOT! you can have more of my money now C:

Starvald

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauronZ View Post
and how exactly is the current champion select better in this regard?
The time punishment in the current system disincentivizes not playing a game because another person picked something you don't agree with. Essentially forcing you to either just suck it up, play and make the best of it or do nothing. In which case, for me at least, people would probably just say to hell with it and play the game anyway. So in this case, removing the punishment opens the door for more abuse. I guess I'm also assuming that most people won't fly into a huge hissy fit and intentionally sabotage their team... maybe unreasonable.

It's like if you went somewhere and they would either hand you a stack of $100's or a stack of $100's encased in frozen poo. If the only choice was the frozen poopsicle $100's or nothing you would probably still take it, thaw it, and have the cash. Alternatively if you were given the option of saying no thanks to the poopsicle and getting the clean cash, who wouldn't? Of course this depends on the systems they put in place to keep people from constantly rejecting picks, which they haven't released the details of yet.

BruisingPrune

10-16-2013

Whats to stop me from queueing up as tanky malphite top so I can have a low queue time and then playing AD SOTD malphite top in game?

Dynamic Proxy

10-16-2013

This sounds great!