Grumpy Monkey's Art Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steinick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2013

You should release the Rusty Nautilus skin!

a riven main

08-18-2013

Grumpy, what program did you use for the Trundle speedsculpt? That was really cool, I want to get into 3D digital art, and make sculpts like that.

NA Darklarik

08-18-2013

Grumpy, there is something ive been hoping you could post: ive been wanting to see any and all Nocturne related development art, from when the art team was designing him, i want to see how he looked in early iterations (also his legendary), and how you came to the final version.

If you could also do the same for Khazix and Rengar, you would make my month

AtomicFuzz

08-18-2013

Awesome thread can't wait to see more stuff from you. However, i do have a question.

would you possibly have a suggestion on what kind of tablet to get for a beginner thinking of going into this field? It looks really interesting, but while I'm looking on amazon, the less expensive (like $50-$300 range) tablets look like you draw on the tablet, but see what you are drawing on your computer screen. However, the Wacom Cintiq ones, which are pretty expensive, are the only ones I'm able to find that actually display what you are drawing on the tablet itself, which is what I personally think would help a lot. (for now I'm only looking at the Wacom ones, as for the requirements for Sculptris say that you need a Wacom or "compatable graphics tablet" whatever that means :P.)

Keep up the good work! cant wait to see more!

Poki3

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Also here are some of the first reworks,Gangplank and Ashe. I don't think Ash's face was that jacked up on live, I think it was just an error on my viewport. It's fun to look back sometimes.
This calls for a clip! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ

Poki3

08-18-2013

Quote:
Also here are some of the first reworks,Gangplank and Ashe. I don't think Ash's face was that jacked up on live, I think it was just an error on my viewport. It's fun to look back sometimes.
Attachment 758893

This calls for a clip! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ

Sadistic Lulu

Recruiter

08-20-2013

yes, grumpy, yes.

nice vus here, sir.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

10-11-2013
34 of 34 Riot Posts

Long time! It's been crazy over here on relaunch team. I think it's ok to post this now.
http://vimeo.com/76736853

It's a time lapse of how I sculpted the Sivir Warrior Princess armor.

Rivini

10-11-2013

Grumpy!

I was wondering if it's possible for you to post Jinx concept art stuff now. I've been curious to know what she started as and how she evolved into her final look, seeing as eccentric her appearance is.

Diysalis

10-12-2013

Quote:
Long time! It's been crazy over here on relaunch team. I think it's ok to post this now.
http://vimeo.com/76736853

It's a time lapse of how I sculpted the Sivir Warrior Princess armor.
Oh.My.God!

It's now official, you have taken place has my #1 favorite person at Riot.

Like something that seems so simple, creating armor on a character, but as an aspiring modeler I feel like I'm watching the work of a god unfold before my very eyes. Augh! -flails- Just from start to finish the detail and process of it is pretty amazing to me. You did such an amazing job!!

And THAT MUSIC!! I know I heard Darius's theme! I feel there might be a bit of foreshadowing there, with Sivir's ties to Noxus and all.