Why play Brand?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaiguraTalent

10-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Brand's damage is super crazy high actually. Unlocked by hitting skill shots, sure, but super crazy high.

Brand's skillshots cast time + slowness (for 'counterplay') are things stopping him from achieving the threat that Kassadin/Fizz can do. They can kill before you react, Brand has to get close to his target and then hope they can't dodge his slow *** Q stun.

SkinnerBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2013

Quote:
Brand's damage is super crazy high actually. Unlocked by hitting skill shots, sure, but super crazy high.
With no escape, one CC, high CDs, high mana costs, and a completely unreliable ult when used near other targets

Vuther

10-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbnail9 View Post
Don't forget praying to the RNG gods as well.
To the kind of RNG gods that demand constant, consistent devotion and are liable to take out a bad day for them out on you.

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2013

Quote:
yes, it is.
But even you must admit that in a 1v1 with no minions around (nothing to bounce), the ult does not do enough damage compared to other ap burst mages.
I wish that in such situations Brands ult would behave like Ryzes Spell Flux.

MadLock

10-10-2013

Quote:
Brand's damage hits for tons of damage actually. Unlocked by hitting skill shots, sure, but tons of damage.
ftfy

Vuther

10-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerothal View Post
yes, it is.
But even you must admit that in a 1v1 with no minions around (nothing to bounce), the ult does not do enough damage compared to other ap burst mages.
I wish that in such situations Brands ult would behave like Ryzes Spell Flux.
Or in a #v# with minions around.

Unless you somehow manage to ignite everything that your ultimate can hit, but good luck with that.

thumbnail9

10-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
To the kind of RNG gods that demand constant, consistent devotion and are liable to take out a bad day for them out on you.
Nope these ones only take blood and body sacrifices. Even then they still spit on you.

Kamquats

10-10-2013

You would play brand because you like the character enough to get good at him. However, he only provides damage. This is severely lacking compared to other burst mages that provide utility, reliable cc, and/or higher range. Combined with his low ratios and mana costs make him good only in the mid game.

exec3

10-10-2013

Brand's only problem is a terribly unreliable ultimate but other than that his damage is stupidly high. I've gotten in to him recently and I hope Zombie Brand comes back this Harrowing so I can get it!

Croanin

10-10-2013

Brand's Passive along with Liandries is also pretty good at melting tanks. His win rate actually spiked up during the health stsck meta cause of this.