Xerath, Brand, or Malzahar.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sleepisdeath

09-30-2013

Malz all the way. I don't get why ppl try to trashtalk him so hard. He's sleeper OP. Currently i'm on my way to Plat with him and he's doing such a great job.

Tortferngatr

09-30-2013

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned probably the best reason to hold off on Xerath of all.

He's getting a permanent price reduction a week after Jinx comes out.

Weegee7

09-30-2013

Malzahar is the most fun and has insane burst, good crowd control, and those awesome Voidlings.

Whatever you do I hope you don't go with Brand. He's completely outclassed by other mids, and his kit isn't very interesting.

Asdioh

09-30-2013

I'm steadily on my way to Diamond with Malzahar so I'm biased.

IS1fa8992fb18aa9b5291e6

09-30-2013

Xerath !
I main him, and it's a really strong pick :
- pretty safe pick, your long range can allow you to keep farming if you are under pressure
- insane late game, because of his High Magic Pen, long range, short CD ult
- when you reach lvl 6, you gain high burst
- your passive allows you to deal better than other AP with AD assassin
- Skill shots allow big plays
- Best AP Ratio toolkit

But you need time to understand his cast timing, and he's mana hungry before Calice.
We dont know yet how he'll be after incoming rework.

Last, never ever ever stay lock ! Just Lock, shot & move.

iBaws

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2013

I enjoy Xerath, but they are changing him around soon. So I don't know too much yet.

RiotSchmick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

Follow RiotSchmick on Twitter

10-01-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

I really like Malz. It's true that QSS can negate his combo, as mentioned by previous posters. However, in my experience, at most one person on the team gets one, and then you can just switch targets (assuming they have more than one good squishy target).

His minions are great, too. Get an E on the enemy mid laner, then just stay close enough that your minion keeps attacking them and it does a ton of damage.

I did support Malz yesterday, and we won. : )

EDIT: Also you get to see fun stuff like this with your bubbles bouncing everywhere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqoe-t-KLo4

WarlordAlpha

10-01-2013

Malz is probably sleeper OP right now. His disco floor is actually broken as hell if your team has any kind of lockdown besides your ult.

Razzcastic

10-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM FAHRTS View Post
Malz is fun, but quicksilver sash makes him poop.
Brand is fun
Xerath is fun

Hard choice
if the enemy team is buying QSS, then you're doing your job as malzahar

Rauron

10-01-2013

I honestly would love to see Malz come out more often against teams that try to run 2-3 big damage threats, which we've seen quite often during World's. Team rolls out Zed, Rumble, and Vayne? Grab Malz, shut down one of them while providing strong AoE and pushing power if things get messy. They get tanky? Job done, damage threats mitigated.