Not able to use Potions and Wards at Start

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bendall

10-01-2013

I frequent support a lot, and occasionally - at the beginning of the game - I cannot use Potions and Sight/Vision Wards. Neither the kotkey nor clicking the picture/button will work. I have heard this problem from one other player who was playing top lane.

Please help! Thx Riot.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

10-01-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendall View Post
I frequent support a lot, and occasionally - at the beginning of the game - I cannot use Potions and Sight/Vision Wards. Neither the kotkey nor clicking the picture/button will work. I have heard this problem from one other player who was playing top lane.

Please help! Thx Riot.
Did you keybindings happen to be reset? Potions won't trigger if you're at full health or full mana (for health/mana potions respectively). Does this only happen at the beginning of the game? Are you able to use wards/potions later on? Do wards start working at a particular time?

Splinterheart

10-01-2013

A friend of mine has had this issue too before. He couldn't get the pots to work no matter how much he clicked. Then they worked a little after a fight that he managed to luckily survive without pots.
I remember this as he was raging on skype >_>
So they just randomly...worked. But it's quite a fatal problem.
I can confirm for my friend that keybindings were fine, he wasn't at full health or mana and that it happened during the first 20 minutes of the game.
He didn't have an issue with wards.

simpsonboy77

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2013

I have a weird bug for activated items that may be related.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Buy bildgewater cutlass and make sure it is in any slot other than 1. Mine usually falls into slot 2 however I don't think this matters.
2. Move cutlass to slot 1. If it matters it usually swaps positions with doran's blade.
3. I can't remember which scenario it is, but either you need to use bildgewater cutlass or not. I ONLY use the hotkey which is smartcasted as "1".
4. Upgrade to BotRK.
5. Notice how the icon is lighter and you cannot press 1 to activate it. Mousing over botrk will fix it and you can use botrk as normal.

I have had similar problems with Shurelya's Reverie, and Locket of Iron Solari.