I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frogbuddy

09-20-2013

What do you think about the skin idea of Vandal/Punk/Rebel Nami?

Think swordfish fin for mohawk, leather jacket with spikes on the epaulettes, trident for weapon.

This is something I've been drawing a sketch for and really want to see happen. To me, the skin idea fits her DIY/activist attitude (How she thought differently from the rest of the Marai people and took matters into her own hands).

Don't sugar coat on me! I recognize i'ts probably just a niche idea.

Zodai

09-20-2013

Yay, you didn't write the writing post yet!

That means I get to ask something :3

What would the chances be of getting a job in the Riot lore department through proof?

By this, I mean through a fully-completed manuscript of a possible story in the League universe; thus proving the applicant's understanding of the League universe, in addition to their ability to write at a consistently high quality?

As an aspiring writer; I've been thinking about trying this out - would my chances be higher if I got some other novels released before submitting? What length would the story have to be? Are deaths acceptable in some form if they're alive at the end of the story? How far are we allowed to go in discovering new parts of characters (Such as some dark secret that adds on to what has already been developed) How far would be acceptable in contradicting existing lore for the sake of this (Rumble having known Tristana and Teemo during their childhood (How Rumble and Tristana met isn't stated in the lore at all; but her only reference to him is the name of his mech, so there's something that likely needs to be developed there) Developing large-scale secrets to existing lore (Spoilers: The Yordles ancestors were the Watchers.) If any of these arise as issues, would the lore team work through and fix it assuming the story itself was good enough to land the writer a job?

These are all questions I have; and hopefully they may be answered.

Edizu

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
Cassiopeia has Green Hair, and actually, she's the only one, i think Sion's hair just blend with his decomposed-like color over his whole body AND clothes (which is ALL green) ~ hell, even the arrows stuck on his body are greenish because of the super old art/model
How do you know what color Cass' hair is? The only skins that show her hair or Mythic and Jade, neither of which are green.

Arabed

09-20-2013

He might actually be right. Or very close.

PteraBite

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edizu View Post
I'm pretty sure that's green. Like... pretty positive. I just want to say I'm 100% sure that's green, but I don't want to be rude about it. >_>
This is why I thought it was blue.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg twitch.jpg (139.4 KB, 92 views)

linbog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2013

Do you read fan character concepts much? Been inspired by a fan created character for any lore?

Edizu

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PteraBite View Post
This is why I thought it was blue.
Well I'll be damned. You're right. I don't play him much and kinda just wanted the quickest view of champs and just used his splash... which looks very green.

PteraBite

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edizu View Post
Well I'll be damned. You're right. I don't play him much and kinda just wanted the quickest view of champs and just used his splash... which looks very green.
To be fair, I still think the champ's hair will be Sona Blue lol.

I just noticed that the splash art =/= in game model.

Edizu

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PteraBite View Post
To be fair, I still think the champ's hair will be Sona Blue lol.

I just noticed that the splash art =/= in game model.
Yeah, I side with you. And then in a skin her hair will be pink... just for the roll reversal with her older sis VI and the Neon Strike skin. :P

Sieros

09-20-2013

Riot reveal jinx already