I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FinalesFunkelnGO

09-20-2013

You're officially in my top 5 Rioters now. Enjoy the honor.

Two questions.
Who would you say is the most mechanically difficult mid laner for you to play?

Is #116 Demacia/Noxus or associated with somewhere else/independent?

CiaphasCainX

09-20-2013

First off Runaan, I'd like to applaud you for your lore based focus, and the champions you've worked on. Every one of them so far has been a hit with me!

Now here's a question that's been bugging me. When is the next time we're getting a male AP Carry/Mage? The last one we got was Ziggs which was almost a year and a half ago.

TheEnygma

09-20-2013

just for, you know, scientific purposes ャ_ャ

...I hope #116 is a redhead

Ransom

Creative Designer

09-20-2013
33 of 39 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Axis Hero View Post
Any plans on writing "what if" stories on skins? I feel that a lot of the skins, even the less serious ones like Corporate Mundo have a lot of potential for "what if" stories.
I personally would love to see more skins explore the past, future, and alternate realities of champs. So I'll start pitching these ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krufix View Post
I have a question about lore rewrites. Couldn't a champion be much better suited to having lore added more than reworked? Example: Zyra stays exactly the same as she is now. A carnivorous plant thing lived in a jungle, as food was dying out she possessed a sorceress and became humanshaped.... BUT THEN she joins [X] faction and does other stuff?
Great question. As you've noticed, most of our bios are Chapter Ones - telling the beginning of a champion's story. In the Freljord event, we continued the stories for many champions. So yes - we want to do more Chapter Twos. The question is: what's the best way to do that? We're still figuring that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayproGamer View Post
Is there a plan to make it easier to catch up on lore? I haven't really explored the new site that much, but I think if I want to go back and read some of the teasers I have to did through forums. Also I didn't realized you had started putting lore into the login screen. I've had mine muted for a long time now, and have pretty much ignored them. Can I go back and view Lucian's?
Great idea. We've been talking about having a home for teasers on the Lol.com website. And as I said earlier, I'd also like to have the writing team have some sort of ongoing presence online, putting out episodic content of some kind.

Feral Warwick

09-20-2013

Do you prefer joke skins or serious skins?

Erinasa

09-20-2013

Oh my gawd, A female champion with a unique color of hair commanding an army of cats

please riot

CrimsonCzar

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
I personally would love to see more skins explore the past, future, and alternate realities of champs. So I'll start pitching these ideas!

Great question. As you've noticed, most of our bios are Chapter Ones - telling the beginning of a champion's story. In the Freljord event, we continued the stories for many champions. So yes - we want to do more Chapter Twos. The question is: what's the best way to do that? We're still figuring that out.

Great idea. We've been talking about having a home for teasers on the Lol.com website. And as I said earlier, I'd also like to have the writing team have some sort of ongoing presence online, putting out episodic content of some kind.
This is just a suggestion, but for the idea of added Chapters 2, 3, etc. Why not use the beginning of each season as a new time to add the next chapter for a champion? If this had been started to begin with everyone would be up to chapter 4 depending how old the champ is. And you can do it retroactively for certain champs and stuff. It's just a suggestion, and one I hope you like.

Wolf383

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post

You were talking about Riven...does that mean a new skin? More in-depth lore?

Darkari94

09-20-2013

Which champion's release other than #116 have you been most excited about? I remember waiting impatiently for aatrox...

Ransom

Creative Designer

09-20-2013
34 of 39 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Warwick View Post
Do you prefer joke skins or serious skins?
Jokes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keikomatsui View Post
You're officially in my top 5 Rioters now. Enjoy the honor.

Two questions.
Who would you say is the most mechanically difficult mid laner for you to play?

Is #116 Demacia/Noxus or associated with somewhere else/independent?
Viktor. Hands down. He's too hard! Stupid Ziegler.

#116 is associated with a faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuhx View Post
Thoughts on Ahri getting a rival? Something along the lines of her stealing someone's lover maybe?
Would be awesome to see Ahri get some kind of foil or strong relationship. "Tell me a secret" is one of my favorite VO lines in the game.