I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kazkal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2013

Would would be her 2nd plan of action besides lighting something on fire....Would she blow a house down? would she flood it?
Btw I recommend this song for ya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Cv6v6S8hg

Jikker

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkari94 View Post
Part of Caitlyn's lore -

Her services were soon requested by Demacia to help track down a mysterious outlaw who had begun committing high-profile heists. The bandit, who always left a card with an ornate "C" at the scene of the crime, became Caitlyn's arch-nemesis. To this day, Caitlyn still searches for this cat burglar, and the chase has led her all across Valoran. She has joined the League to hone her skills and gain the influence necessary to track down the only quarry that has managed to evade her.

Since Ransom has mentioned that the character does have a rival currently in the league, I think there is a fair possibility that the next champion is this "C" person. She could be Vi's sister gone rogue- it would add to the drama...
Isn't is supposed to be with one of the most popular champions? Last I checked, Cait was in top ten so more evidence in this direction.

Starlighte

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
I think this is a super cool idea. I've never thought of Katarina as evil, really, and I could easily see her being forced into a situation where she has to ally with Garen or Riven.

What I'm hearing a lot from you guys is that you would love to see more lore-related skins. Me too! I'll start pitching more of these ideas to the skins team. I personally would KILL KILL KILL for a Redeemed Morgana skin, one where she looks pleasant and heroic.

As for the fact that our department is so darn sporadic and slow, all I can say is that we are working at getting better at putting out more stuff in a timely fashion, and you can see that in our teasers, our events, and our lore re-works. And I'd like to think that we're raising the bar with every release.

Given the amount of work the JoJ was for the writers who worked on it, and how busy those guys are now, I can't say I see it coming back. But! Another takeaway here is that the writing team needs to think about a project where we put out small bits of stuff on a regular basis. That's a good suggestion, and something we can definitely think about! Thanks for this suggestion - I'll start spinning up some ideas.
For what its worth, IronStylus is always talking about how they really ought to make a developers blog as an outlet to post concept art and sketches after a champion is released. May be possible an outlet is already being developed for another department that the lore team may be able to piggy-back with and find a way for it to work.

Thanks for posting on my first two questions, it's greatly appreciated to hear that you're of a similar mindset. I do agree that you guys have been raising the bar on the releases and I'm sorry if the way I portrayed it was me being disappointed with what has been released. It is more an issue of... you gave us a taste, and now we want more... MOAR LORE I SAY.

Keep up the good work.

Kamku

09-20-2013

I like the new battlecast viktor but do you think there is room for a viktor skin based on what he wanted in the first place? A creator who changed himself to remove his jealously?

Although he is already the best for that kinda of thing having a before, current, and after version of himself already.

True Axis Hero

09-20-2013

Any plans on writing "what if" stories on skins? I feel that a lot of the skins, even the less serious ones like Corporate Mundo have a lot of potential for "what if" stories.

zitchy14

09-20-2013

Dang. Spectre DC just unravelled the entire thing.

QuincyMcCoy

09-20-2013

Okay, i guess its my turn to submit a question.

I'm assuming that it is safe to agree that #116 appears in the pool party poster, since her tattoo's are well described by the songs you linked.

So if said individual likes explosions, is it possible that her ultimate is similar to the early concept for a "homing missile" ultimate on Lucian that was apparently put on hold due to feeling more like an AP Mage ability than an ultimate for an ADC?

(This also matches up with SpectreDC's account of destruction happiness)

And as a follow up question, I'm actually really happy she hasn't been leaked like Lucian was. It's a lot more interesting when the initial art and concept is not available to a simple google search.

As an unrelated question, do you know if the 1v1 Magma Chamber map will ever be put on as a Custom map or possible queue? Because that could be an excellent opportunity to build some lore around certain champions who prefer fire. You could even tie in Zyra's Wildfire skin because the plans look pretty volcanic to me. Just an idea!

Fiora Mid GG Alt

09-20-2013

Play Zyra vs Fizz Ransom. You can run your standard AP runes/masteries, I personally use my AP nuke page (magic pen marks, mana regen seals, ap glyphs and quints and 21/0/9) vs Fizz as Zyra. But if you feel the need to play more defensive feel free. The key to playing against Fizz with Zyra is this: First wards, you are going to be pushing the hell out of your lane constantly, every time he comes in to last hit Q > W. He either has to use troll pole or eat some harass (if you go full offense like me this eats the hell out of him). When he comes in to harass just take it and E > W > Q > W his escape route after troll pole.

Build: I start Dorans x2 (early on you shouldn't have to push to much since you can AA him and he's fairly helpless till level 3) but crystalline + 1 + ward works too.

Then I build Chalice, Haunting Guise, Giants belt (for rylais) in that order, I don't worry about boots as I'm not going to roam in this match up and boots will not help you against a fizz. I personally rush Rylai's in this match up just because if he's constantly slowed he can't do **** to you, plus if he comes in to harass you your Q slowing him on his way out is going to just eat him up along with you getting free AA's on him. However a Zhonya's is equally good since you can Zhonyas through over half of his damage.

Zyra can beat nearly every match up in the game due to her high base damages allowing her to build tanky. Only ones I'm scared of as a Zyra main (nearly 1k Zyra games between ranked/normal/dom) are Kassadin and J4.

KayproGamer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2013

Is there a plan to make it easier to catch up on lore? I haven't really explored the new site that much, but I think if I want to go back and read some of the teasers I have to did through forums. Also I didn't realized you had started putting lore into the login screen. I've had mine muted for a long time now, and have pretty much ignored them. Can I go back and view Lucian's?

Skuhx

09-20-2013

Thoughts on Ahri getting a rival? Something along the lines of her stealing someone's lover maybe?