I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Praise the Void

09-20-2013

For any one who wants a quick summary of Ransom's Hints on new champ, heres a list I made for my friends since they don't like to read, but want me to explain everything to them. Also I kind of like doing stuff like this.

Next champ:
Female
Only 1 other champ w/ same hair color
Has a different since of humor not seen in LoL til now (#116's jokes are loosely based on the preoccupations of ladies who crush on me/I crush on.)
"Chaotically neutral" (not good or evil)
Here痴 some songs that are supposed to reflect the new champ (they're all different genres)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHzgzN9H6QM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHfWY0is3rE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnAvTTaJjM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Bpx63wkbA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcixgGuyBqs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I5JFO5l4CA

Zerglinator

09-20-2013

Ransom, if I want to see the champion sneak peek, should I be watching the News section or the DevTracker?

Ransom

Creative Designer

09-20-2013
29 of 39 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WabbitMonster View Post
hmm i has questions

how would 116 respond to
  • the burning of her local library
  • her neighbor hosting a very loud party at 2 am
  • basket containing 2 kittens left on her doorstep
  • another woman trying to make a move on her crush
  • She'd run - and not walk - there to burn the fire WITH A BIGGER FIRE.
  • She'd throw an even louder party at 2:05 AM.
  • I know for a fact that she loves kittens, and this love of kittens is evident in-game!
  • Well, she behaves like she couldn't care less about crushes, so it's hard to say. The closest thing she has to a crush right now is her admiration for Ziggs: "I like your style, bomb-rat!" is something she might say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualRobo View Post
Can you explain where riven trained to control ki. I was under the impression that it was an Ionian technique and seeing as Riv was a noxian commander, I'm guessing she didn't hav to many friends in ionia
You are a very astute player of our game. Let's just say there's a lot about Riven's past that we don't know yet. And that she'll have to come to terms with it. And that it'll be difficult for her. She's got a long road ahead of her, but no different from the one that we all face. We're all growing, all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilinae View Post
If you could taste the flavor of any color in the world (such as purple) what color would you like to be able to taste?
I am a candy fiend, and have always gravitated to any color that is purple or pink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisksShweky View Post
How satisfied and excited are you with 116's lore and design and everything so far? (one more thing. does 116 have a rivalry agaisnt anyone? i dont have to know who but it would be nice.)
We're all super excited about #116 here, and we've poured a TON of work into her. So many Rioters added extra little touches to her, just so you guys would notice and be happy. She's a very spoiled girl. We think you guys are gonna fall in love with her. And yes, she most definitely has a rivalry with one of the most popular champions in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivainn View Post
Murakami is my favourite author because his mastery of language (even in translations) is unparalleled so far in my experience. Every word is chosen carefully and carries a heady weight; his are books that cannot be 'skimmed'. What is it about Murakami that appeals to you?

P.S. Your sense of humour and your forum "voice" have quickly made you my favourite Rioter. Congratulations! I'd offer you a cookie but the logistics would be difficult to coordinate~
What I love about Murakami is the way that he combines the language of the hardboiled detective novel with the supernatural elements of, say, Lost. Murakami is a huge Lost fan, by the way. I think his biggest weakness as a writer is his failure to end many of his novels satisfyingly. That's not entirely his fault - he is so masterful at building suspense and mystery that how could he ever pay it off?

FMI

09-20-2013

So let's talk about the Horsemen - Thresh, Mordekaiser and Hecarim. Are they mutually affiliated? Aren't they missing a 4th member in their team (which tropes should dictate to be The Chick)?

Quote:
I'm feeling a little sorry for poor jealous Ezreal, who is sitting there fuming nearby!
That finally explains why he had a picture of Lux on his desk! It's kind of cute he feels threatened by her.

Folded Socks

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMI View Post
So let's talk about the Horsemen - Thresh, Mordekaiser and Hecarim. Are they mutually affiliated? Aren't they missing a 4th member in their team (which tropes should dictate to be The Chick)?

That finally explains why he had a picture of Lux on his desk! It's kind of cute he feels threatened by her.
Thresh and Morde are horsemen?

:/

Ethereal Light

09-20-2013

*Fangirl scream* OMG KITTENS! c:

TheHippysAWizard

09-20-2013

When are you going to make the Minecraft Slime or Creeper skin for Zac?

Rivainn

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drasteia View Post
"I know for a fact that she loves kittens, and this love of kittens is evident in-game"

I fangirl screamed when I read this c:
I giggled madly.
Must buy new champ because kittens.
WHAT IF SHE HAS KITTENS WITH HER.
Ah I'm so excited

Devack The Holy

09-20-2013

Since I didn't get a response on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devack The Holy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
That is a very good question. Indeed. Poor Riven... I see some drama in her future... and she doesn't even suspect...
Hmm... Does this have something to do with her quote about Elise?

"Elise's regal demeanor and captivating charms belied the feeling of dread she conjured in the pit of my stomach. Something in the deceptively musical timbre of her voice gave the impression there was a monstrous beast locked away beneath that unearthly smile. I looked around at her spellbound followers, and could not shake the feeling that they were ensnared like insects in a web, awaiting some horrible fate."

Maybe she DID die in Singed's attack and was reborn in the Shadow Isles. Could this be the "drama" you were taking about, or is that unlikely pairing with Elise?

Thryale

09-20-2013

Hey ransom, with riot putting so much cool effort in stuff like worlds, and releasing that epic CG animation recently, do you think you guys will ever be able to make a feature length film? I would so totally go see a League movie in theaters!

And assuming it's possible/you guys -may- do it, would you do everything in house, or would you outsource to a major movie making company?