I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lilinae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-20-2013

If you could taste the flavor of any color in the world (such as purple) what color would you like to be able to taste?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Setsunah

Senior Member

09-20-2013

Hi Ransom, as a result of your post about "Poor Riven" you've got me completely and utterly fascinated.

Just a quick summary, in my opinion I believe Riven is the best designed champion in ways of lore, Kit, and model. Everything about her fits, from her broken sword to her depressing quotes.

Anyways, I guess I'd say I'm kind of biased as shes my favorite champion in the game because of those reasons. Shes my main and has been since she was released (the day I started playing as well!)

Back on topic here, I know you can't reveal TOO much information, but what exactly do you guys have in store for Riven? A new skin possibly? Or does she have any ties to the new champion maybe? If the new champion is indeed from Zaun as I think she is, maybe Riven is someone from her past, and vice versa? Again, I know you're not allowed to reveal anything until the bigwigs give the green lights (Perfectly understandable) but I'd love a few more hints perhaps at whats in store for The Exile

Sincerely, the biggest Riven fan in LoL


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SensualRobo

Member

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsunah View Post
Hi Ransom, as a result of your post about "Poor Riven" you've got me completely and utterly fascinated.

Just a quick summary, in my opinion I believe Riven is the best designed champion in ways of lore, Kit, and model. Everything about her fits, from her broken sword to her depressing quotes.

Anyways, I guess I'd say I'm kind of biased as shes my favorite champion in the game because of those reasons. Shes my main and has been since she was released (the day I started playing as well!)

Back on topic here, I know you can't reveal TOO much information, but what exactly do you guys have in store for Riven? A new skin possibly? Or does she have any ties to the new champion maybe? If the new champion is indeed from Zaun as I think she is, maybe Riven is someone from her past, and vice versa? Again, I know you're not allowed to reveal anything until the bigwigs give the green lights (Perfectly understandable) but I'd love a few more hints perhaps at whats in store for The Exile

Sincerely, the biggest Riven fan in LoL
Just saying, I'm the biggest Riven fan in LoL


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolf383

Senior Member

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualRobo View Post
Just saying, I'm the biggest Riven fan in LoL
But...I am.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Setsunah

Senior Member

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualRobo View Post
Just saying, I'm the biggest Riven fan in LoL


u wot m8


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SensualRobo

Member

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf383 View Post
But...I am.
That's cool, I'll just kill you all and then claim the spot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolf383

Senior Member

09-20-2013

But....Killing people is....MORALLY WRONG!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RisksShweky

Senior Member

09-20-2013

How satisfied and excited are you with 116's lore and design and everything so far? (also from what it seems like and from your previous hints, this character likes to destroy a bit. at least thats what i think. also you mentioned she has the weirdest sense of humor. it cant be like its humorous to hurt people cause thats like kat, and no puns because volibear would go into a frenzy if she did. so i dunno.) (one more thing. does 116 have a rivalry agaisnt anyone? i dont have to know who but it would be nice.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SensualRobo

Member

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf383 View Post
But....Killing people is....MORALLY WRONG!
Your point?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rivainn

Senior Member

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Some favorite books: The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami, The Gone Away World by Nick Harkaway, Miss Wyoming by Douglas Coupland.
I'm a little bit in love with you right now (is that inappropriate?). The Subtle Knife is my favourite book in that trilogy, and Haruki Murakami is my favourite author of all time. I'm working my way through 1Q84 right now (it's literally taking me years to read, sadly, because I'm a university student who doesn't have much time for pleasure reading) and The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle is next on my Murakami list. I've read Kafka on the Shore, Dance Dance Dance, Norwegian Wood, and After the Quake so far.

Since this is an AMA thread, I guess I'll ask a question. Murakami is my favourite author because his mastery of language (even in translations) is unparalleled so far in my experience. Every word is chosen carefully and carries a heady weight; his are books that cannot be 'skimmed'. What is it about Murakami that appeals to you?

P.S. Your sense of humour and your forum "voice" have quickly made you my favourite Rioter. Congratulations! I'd offer you a cookie but the logistics would be difficult to coordinate~