Yi is overlypowerful

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotJordy

12-17-2009

Also, I don't think people realize that if you don't feed at the start he becomes significantly less effective. When I start games 3-0 with Yi I can end up getting 15+ kills but if I start out 1-2 or 1-3, I usually don't get more than 10 unless the game drags on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obisean View Post
One word. Highlander.

I don't support or deny a nerf, just wanted to call you out for providing a bad argument.
Highlander doesn't get you out of stuns and like I said, two heroes focusing on him can usually finish him off quickly.

Piranha Petunia

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJordy View Post
Also, I don't think people realize that if you don't feed at the start he becomes significantly less effective. When I start games 3-0 with Yi I can end up getting 15+ kills but if I start out 1-2 or 1-3, I usually don't get more than 10 unless the game drags on.

Highlander doesn't get you out of stuns and like I said, two heroes focusing on him can usually finish him off quickly.
You'll need to CC him for what? 12 seconds? I've never seen a stun last for 6 seconds from a single person. So your two person theory doesn't hold up. He can/will get away or kill you all.

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJordy View Post
1. Stun/snare
2. Focus on him, goes down in 3 seconds
3. ???
4. Profit
level 5 meditate can out hps most heroes dps then just turn around and own them with alpha strike / double strike

unless you have like 4-5 heroes on you to kill you

but any smart yi will stay away from 5 man ganks, making him extremely hard to kill

and as soon as he is 6 its like a insta guaranteed kill for him

and you cant always build your tema with 5 stunners just to combat a hero that might be in the game

highlander = immune to most cc
cleanse = remove cc that highlander doesnt make you immune to

unless you have 3-4 stuns hes pretty hard to take down

The Ciaran

12-17-2009

I just played a game against yi as heimer. at lvl 1 we both entered the mid by ourselves, he used his warping rush move and two shotted me right off the bat, I had absolutely no chance at all to kill him or even fight. None of my abilities as heimer even compare in the amount of damage.

Yi then spend the rest of the game after only getting 2 kills off of me running around the map and buying items that made him run run and hit so fast no one could get away or catch him due to how his abilities stacked to make him move by far more then anyone else can without the use of temporary abilities.

NotJordy

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ciaran View Post
I just played a game against yi as heimer
Heimer's pretty UP right now and squishy either way,

Bowsersaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2009

if he 2 shotted you at level 1 it's because he probably got lucky with crits, or you're lying. as heim you have the ability to lay down turrets and you have a stun/blind grenade, if you stun and blind him, he can't do anything. if you stay near your turrets, again, he won't be able to do anything

if you fed him mid, yes, he will go around the map killing and ganking as the mid player generally will do

Shillen

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obisean View Post
You'll need to CC him for what? 12 seconds? I've never seen a stun last for 6 seconds from a single person. So your two person theory doesn't hold up. He can/will get away or kill you all.
At the point in the game where Yi is doing ridiculous damage he dies in about 3 seconds if focused unless your team is horribly outleveled.

Palette Town

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
At the point in the game where Yi is doing ridiculous damage he dies in about 3 seconds if focused unless your team is horribly outleveled.
It's not yi vs a party though, it's yi + 4 other people.

you could be winning but end up losing at the end just because you don't have a yi.

this was the case for teams that didn't have tryndamere back when trynd was op.

Shillen

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palette Town View Post
It's not yi vs a party though, it's yi + 4 other people.

you could be winning but end up losing at the end just because you don't have a yi.

this was the case for teams that didn't have tryndamere back when trynd was op.
You focus Yi down first. You always kill their biggest damage dealer first. If Yi waits to come in then you hold onto your stun, kick the **** out of them 5v4 until he comes in then you stun and focus him.

whitepigkung

12-17-2009

Yi is too strong, how can he alone take all 5 heroes WTF

12345612 ... 13