am I trash ??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cBowen

09-08-2013

I play a lot of ARAM lately. like I mean A LOT. that is about all I play lately. so people often put me down by saying ARAM means a lot less than a normal game, and they say it takes no skill to play ARAM cause its one sided or a champ on my team is OP, or other stupid reasons that I have no interest in hearing. what are your opinions on that people?? I play ARAM cause its fun and I find it helps me develop knowledge towards certain things in the game

Bions

09-08-2013

You could use the same argument and tell them they don't have skills because they're playing LoL instead of DotA2. People play what they like, not what requires "skills". Not that their opinion is relevant anyways. I'm not sure why you're getting worked up over it.

yobhguod

09-08-2013

Well you can also argue that if you're familiar or unfamiliar with all the champions then it makes you a better person. I've mastered every champion except for a handful so when it comes to ARAM, I surpass Diamond players like they're nothing.

If someone ever says, "It's just aram" or "It takes no skill." Just laugh at them and ask them if they've gone up against all champions and know how to counter them in a situation that isn't team based and more coordinated.

For instance, in SR if you push, let's say for arguments sake top lane, and you down that inhibitor. You force the enemy team to send 1 person top every so often, and if you time it right, you can push bottom lane to destroy that turret/inhibitor on a 5v4 situation, thus making it unfair BUT, in ARAM they can not split push, sure you can proxy for a wave or two and slow down the other teams progression but it only goes so far. ARAM requires more skill than people believe.

I could go on and on about ARAM strategy's and what not but it would take too long and you would see a wall of text bigger than this, just keep playing and have fun ^_^

Arrietti

09-08-2013

Trash? Anyone who would suggest such a thing based off your map preference in this game is more in that category than you. I fail to see how selecting something to amuse yourself in your spare time could label you so notoriously. And I don't see anything wrong with enjoying any map mode (especially one developed from strong user interest).

Riot Baconhawk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

Follow Riot Baconhawk on Twitter

09-08-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBowen View Post
I play a lot of ARAM lately.
Me too. Let's play one sometime.

Quote:
they say it takes no skill to play ARAM
Hahahahaha /nunubot

Quote:
I play ARAM cause its fun and I find it helps me develop knowledge towards certain things in the game
Ditto. IMHO, ARAM helps me:
  • Find new champs
  • Focus proper targets
  • Stop tunnel-visioning in teamfights
  • Play champs I normally wouldn't prefer
  • Understand counterplay of above champs by knowing their abilities and cooldowns

TL;DR ARAM rocks and you should just play what you enjoy. That's why they're "games," you know?

Coredor

09-08-2013

aram is helpful for team fighting.

Coldmanj

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Baconhawk View Post
Me too. Let's play one sometime.

Hahahahaha /nunubot

Ditto. IMHO, ARAM helps me:
  • Find new champs
  • Focus proper targets
  • Stop tunnel-visioning in teamfights
  • Play champs I normally wouldn't prefer
  • Understand counterplay of above champs by knowing their abilities and cooldowns

TL;DR ARAM rocks and you should just play what you enjoy. That's why they're "games," you know?
play aram wiff me?

HayabusaZero

09-08-2013

Actually, the interesting thing of ARAM is that you end up using champions you play less or even with free week champions more often than none. It helps you to create strategies to counter the other team, and sometimes you can win even if the other team comp is superior than yours (but your team has better chemistry).

All in all, i also like ARAM a lot more that SR, and even through i play all maps with frecuency, i always warm up with an ARAM match, especially when i need to play something fun and not stressful.

SomaQL

09-08-2013

I've always preferred ABAMs (All Blind All Mid), as Viktor (my main) takes a ton of practice to win with. My focus of these games is learning how to follow-up initiate with W/R/Q/E (hopefully R and E don't Fizzle (Again)(Riot should really get on that)). This has been extremely difficult for me to learn, and I'm doing pretty well with it so far, though I'm not perfect (am carrying myself into Gold (It's working too) Wish others know their roles in teamfights (a ton do/some don't)(and I don't blame them, there are no guides as to what parts of your ranked play need to be improved (youtube.com/user/xwhatthemoosex is the closest thing to it)).
Besides, ABAMs/RAMs allow you to experiment teamfighting with a whole slew of different champion combinations.
Very beneficial.

CaptenAmazingMk2

09-08-2013

I remember while watching a Scarra stream once that he felt really bad for his top laner because the guy had done nothing but ARAM for a few weeks. He said ARAM is great but too much of it makes you rusty in the skills needed for a game on SR.

Thoughts on that?