Champion Sneak Peek: Ao Shin

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatPocky View Post
There's a dragon champ from the game smite who is a friken dragon who uses tornadoes.... coincidence? I think not D: but then again smite is basically LoL but in 3rd person. Smite copying league, league copying smite?
Smite doesn't "copy" champions, they use myth and common lore of different regions/time periods of the world. I guess that's as copy as you can technically get, but get real. No such thing as an original idea really. If it functions it's probably been thought of.

Isaelia

09-08-2013

I've played this champ already in Smite. ^^

Archadion

09-08-2013

I love the concept art of this champion, he looks absolutely gorgeous. But as a fan of Shyvana, I have to ask. Do you think that this is moving in on Shyvana's territory at all? Her unique lore is that she's a half-dragon, and this champion's unique lore seems to be that he's a dragon. I trust that the two will be very different; this one is styled in a very chinese way, after all, but it still seems a little odd to me. Like adding a Tarantula champion, and viewing that as completely different to Elise the half-spider.

Love the concept, worried about Shyvana's unique identity within the League.

Xragion

09-08-2013

So the second this guy comes out I'm buying him. And probably mos-*ahem* ALL the skins
As for game play take your time, go with what feels rights and has a nice flow. I'll wait as long as needed.
ALSO Anivia Champion Spotlight update pretty please with a Glacial Storm on top.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

09-08-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archadion View Post
I love the concept art of this champion, he looks absolutely gorgeous. But as a fan of Shyvana, I have to ask. Do you think that this is moving in on Shyvana's territory at all? Her unique lore is that she's a half-dragon, and this champion's unique lore seems to be that he's a dragon. I trust that the two will be very different; this one is styled in a very chinese way, after all, but it still seems a little odd to me. Like adding a Tarantula champion, and viewing that as completely different to Elise the half-spider.

Love the concept, worried about Shyvana's unique identity within the League.
Fair concern, quite agree we should avoid disempowering existing champions with new ones. One of the things that appealed to us about Ao Shin in the first place though was that we saw an opportunity to do something pretty different dragon wise that wouldn't step on Shyvana's talons. Another western fire breathing dragon on the other hand would have created those sort of problems.

regalbeagle

09-08-2013

I thought you didn't reveal early stuff anymore. Wasn't that like a policy or something?

Audhulma

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Fair concern, quite agree we should avoid disempowering existing champions with new ones. One of the things that appealed to us about Ao Shin in the first place though was that we saw an opportunity to do something pretty different dragon wise that wouldn't step on Shyvana's talons. Another western fire breathing dragon on the other hand would have created those sort of problems.
Totally understand the train of thought behind this, but it doesn't make me hate oriental/snake style dragons any less. I mean I love dragons in general, but something about an overgrown flying snake with a beard just doesn't jive with me. Well at least you guys picked storm elemental, that should be extremely interesting to see in game. Can't wait.

Demagoguery

09-08-2013

You know, I was just thinking today that we don't have that many non-extremely humanoid champions, so this is cool to see.

Philosopher Xys

09-08-2013

So according to the Creator Viktor splash there is another battle cast skin that will come out. Is that battle cast Ao Shin because that would be so cool.

PressYtoFly

09-08-2013

Can't wait for it to release!