A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CS3Narutoi

09-06-2013

Hmmm... What about the BTN heal scaling with level/trophies?

Dusksaur

09-06-2013

shouldnt this thread be in champion feedback?

THUNDERMINE

09-06-2013

His empowered bola must not be a skillshot and must pass through minions {()}

Ripperz00

09-06-2013

man

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

09-06-2013
71 of 81 Riot Posts

Heal on kill isn't Trundle's Passive...Trundle's Passive is just heal on death u.u

Also, not going to put anything crazy like Stealth on it. This is an 800g item that is giving you Attack Damage, Butcher Passive and upgrades into champion-specific bonuses. For what it's doing, it's pretty cheap...which is why i'll reiterate again that whatever the passive comes out to be will be a minor, yet useful passive that A. appeals to laning Rengar in the early phases of the game, and B. Has a secondary synergy with jungle rengar.

So yeah, expect whatever 2nd passive makes it onto his BTN to be tiny, but useful. (The reason i keep bringing up Doran's Items is their passives far outlive their statistical usefulness, and don't feel poor as item choices regardless of their lack of buildpath.)

Hydesdelca

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Heal on kill isn't Trundle's Passive...Trundle's Passive is just heal on death u.u

Also, not going to put anything crazy like Stealth on it. This is an 800g item that is giving you Attack Damage, Butcher Passive and upgrades into champion-specific bonuses. For what it's doing, it's pretty cheap...which is why i'll reiterate again that whatever the passive comes out to be will be a minor, yet useful passive that A. appeals to laning Rengar in the early phases of the game, and B. Has a secondary synergy with jungle rengar.

So yeah, expect whatever 2nd passive makes it onto his BTN to be tiny, but useful. (The reason i keep bringing up Doran's Items is their passives far outlive their statistical usefulness, and don't feel poor as item choices regardless of their lack of buildpath.)
Might as well not have something as dumb and unrelated to Rengar as a slight heal per kill on there at all in that case. Rengar doesn't need any more sustain. He is already encouraged to spam skills to get his empowered skills, and his empowered W heals for quite a bit. Any more heal than that would give him Aatrox-like sustain, and i'm sure that is not the way you'd want to go. I personally would not be happy with it, as it pushes Rengar more into the generic bruiser path. Perhaps something unique, such as an extra ferocity gain per big minion/champion killed?

Nielspeterdejong

09-07-2013

Scarizard, I can understand that you can't add too much to the BTN since it's a cheap item. BUT, what about making the BTN upgradable? The most perk people seem to have with it is that in late game they often are forced to sell it to make a slot available for a late game item. While losing all the hard work they put in getting those stacks.

What do you think about giving players the option to upgrade Bonetooth necklace? Kind of like Victor has with his item? To allow it to be a low level early item, but later on you're able to upgrade it (in 2-3 ways?) into a much better item.

Nielspeterdejong

09-07-2013

And while I'm happy with the changes to the empowered E, what about the empowered W? I think it's a shame to just give it the W1 buff and not let them stack with each other. Why not give empowered W a shield or something similar beefy?

Thoughts?

ColdMiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2013

So will a Kha'zix fight vs. rengar fight still be fair?

( i always thought a no resource khazix ( or new resource) with two speedy fights dipping and diving out of bushes and stuff would be entertaining to watch XD. new rengar will prolly destroy kha just cause no mana >.> ( i love both rengar and kha so dont say im hating).
Otherwise is there any other thing?

Tru3che

09-07-2013

I'm glad to see Rengar will feel more like a jungler. Just based off his lore he fits more in the jungle then sitting in a lane. His whole persona is about hunting, therefore he needs to be moving around looking for the next best kill. I'm not sure how I feel about the stealth being gone from his ult, if only for the surprise factor and ability to use it to get around wards and seemingly appear from no where. I like the bola skill shot idea, allows it to be more powerful while having to worry about aiming and other targets getting in the way.

In my opinion Rengar should work best when he has the element of surprise. I love that he is getting some more interactions with bushes. I wonder if it would be too strong to allow rengar the ability to jump on someone if they lost sight of him at all. Giving him synergy with other champions, for example Graves smokescreen would allow Rengar to jump to the target because they can't currently see him. This would probably be too powerful for coordinated teams, but just something I thought would be an interesting twist :]

Anyway, I'm really happy and excited to see what becomes of Rengar. I've been jungling since I started this game and from the moment I saw Rengar I knew he would be one of my favorites, hope to hear more good news soon!