A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaco View Post
Quick question, does the bola grant/consume ferocity if it misses? It would be a real shame to spend your ferocity on something that misses them (which may be a good thing).
Well, consider: if you activate Ferocity Savagery, then fail to autoattack within the time limit, the Ferocity is consumed but you gain nothing.

ChocoKelly

09-06-2013

Why didn't you edit main post yet?

Zerglinator

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi R66 View Post
Hmm, I see, that COULD work but removes part of the counterplay, with it being buffed on ratio and duration, i dont know if its balanced enough. And well, it will be counter intuitive for people, i imagine "This move hits creeps so use to farm on distance... but the better version of it doesnt do that", not everyone goes to the wiki read indepth of skills so the game has to be clear by itself
True. Also, I didn't mean that was the ONLY possibility. I just want the fact that it's now a skillshot to be also reflected in the Ferocity version. It could gain increased range or hit two targets like Lux's Light Binding or have increased width or deal damage along the full line or have increased projectile speed or a lot of things made possible with it being a skillshot rather than a single target click to hit.

Broseph Stalin

09-06-2013

is lifesteal ever going to get cheaper? or at least are the non pure damage items like wriggles and zekes going to be buffed?

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Unlikely that the heal will ever be -that- big, my target strength to have this be similar to a Doran's passive (Like 5 on kill, 50 on Significant) may be a possibility. While it's something that -could- make him more snowbally, it seems less snowbally to me than say Vampiric Scepter on dudes with AA steroids or Doran's Blades. However, getting a toplaner interested in something at an 800g cost when you could just get Doran's + Boots or Vamp scepter makes it a hard sell @_@

Possible we could do +100 HP on champions, but my gut says that's unlikely. I wouldn't want to give out +100 on significant monsters/minions, and i also wouldn't want to create more than two points of healing (like Small, Medium and Large heal).

Haven't put it in yet, but i'm thinking somewhere around 5-8 per kill and somewhere between 50-65 on big kill.
How is 5 per kill anywhere near as good as 5 per hit? It should probably at least be double a doran's blade since it requires a last hit. Otherwise why not just pick up a doran's for sustain since it could give you way more healing in the same amount of time?

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

09-06-2013
70 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyMemory View Post
How is 5 per kill anywhere near as good as 5 per hit? It should probably at least be double a doran's blade since it requires a last hit. Otherwise why not just pick up a doran's for sustain since it could give you way more healing in the same amount of time?
It's not as good, but you also would sometime get ~50+ for killing golems, or siege minions. Or you could just build both :P

Like i said, throwing a number out. I don't suspect i'll put 5 in for testing, but something around the numbers Doran's items have is what i'm looking for.

Tortferngatr

09-06-2013

Hmm. Question: have you talked with ManWolfAxeBoss about the Dominion version of Bonetooth Necklace?

No jungle monsters and no Hunter's Machete (for some stupid reason we still have Smite, despite it being honestly useless. '~') means no Bonetooth for us. We'd be annoyed if we didn't get access to Rengar's signature item, and I think that working on some Dominion-specific upgrades might be an interesting creative exercise.

If you haven't done so yet, could you please talk to MWAB about it? Is it possible that the Dominion version would just get hammered out in the PBE?

Nuclear Dragon

09-06-2013

Quote:
Possible we could do +100 HP on champions, but my gut says that's unlikely. I wouldn't want to give out +100 on significant monsters/minions, and i also wouldn't want to create more than two points of healing (like Small, Medium and Large heal).

Haven't put it in yet, but i'm thinking somewhere around 5-8 per kill and somewhere between 50-65 on big kill.
I don't think you can attach a value onto killing champions that will feel significant. It's still a dinky amount. I wouldn't worry about making it feel significant on champs and focus more on how much more a big minion is worth more than a little.

The Dunkmaster

09-06-2013

Quote:
It's not as good, but you also would sometime get ~50+ for killing golems, or siege minions. Or you could just build both :P

Like i said, throwing a number out. I don't suspect i'll put 5 in for testing, but something around the numbers Doran's items have is what i'm looking for.
Do you think this would Doran's Blade Rengar Jungle viable aswell?

Troy242621

09-06-2013

Quote:
Deals damage that scales with Champion Level (as do all 5-points now) and the root duration is extended.

Preeeeeeeety extended.
At first, I found turning it into a skillshot to be unnecessary, but it probably opened the power budget up a little bit, since it adds counterplay. If it has extra damage or even better, a little better CC, then I'm in love with the idea. If it balances out, and I'm sure it'll be tweaked until it is, it'll raise the skill indexing, raise the counter-playability and raise the satisfaction of skill use. Win win.