A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

09-06-2013
68 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
I'm picturing the sweet plays you could make by jumping in, stealing Dragon, and regaining enough HP from it to escape or get a kill. I like it. I think, to fit with Rengar's theme, it should gain something like 1x on minions and small monsters, 3x on Big Monsters, and 5x on Champions and Epic Monsters (Dragon, Baron, and Vilemaw).
Unlikely that the heal will ever be -that- big, my target strength to have this be similar to a Doran's passive (Like 5 on kill, 50 on Significant) may be a possibility. While it's something that -could- make him more snowbally, it seems less snowbally to me than say Vampiric Scepter on dudes with AA steroids or Doran's Blades. However, getting a toplaner interested in something at an 800g cost when you could just get Doran's + Boots or Vamp scepter makes it a hard sell @_@

Possible we could do +100 HP on champions, but my gut says that's unlikely. I wouldn't want to give out +100 on significant monsters/minions, and i also wouldn't want to create more than two points of healing (like Small, Medium and Large heal).

Haven't put it in yet, but i'm thinking somewhere around 5-8 per kill and somewhere between 50-65 on big kill.

Ygg7alem

09-06-2013

well i certainly like the idea, makes it so that going with the new machete bonetooth into lane isnt such an off route, and im assuming we are talking some minor sustain so i see this as a way to smooth the opt in for lane, i like this.

please release our favourite stabcat into PBE im really curious to play him out

Any info on empowered bola? i may have missed it but i dunno what it does now

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

09-06-2013
69 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ygg7alem View Post
well i certainly like the idea, makes it so that going with the new machete bonetooth into lane isnt such an off route, and im assuming we are talking some minor sustain so i see this as a way to smooth the opt in for lane, i like this.

please release our favourite stabcat into PBE im really curious to play him out

Any info on empowered bola? i may have missed it but i dunno what it does now
Deals damage that scales with Champion Level (as do all 5-points now) and the root duration is extended.

Preeeeeeeety extended.

Zerglinator

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Deals damage that scales with Champion Level (as do all 5-points now) and the root duration is extended.

Preeeeeeeety extended.
Nothing special with the fact that it's now a skillshot? But there's so much untapped potential! I think Empowered Bola should pass through minions, for example! Because who wants to waste their Ferocity on a minion when it's not the Heal?

EDIT: To clarify, I meant the FEROCITY BOLA ONLY, not the REGULAR BOLA.

lightdragoon88

09-06-2013

Quote:
BONUS ROUND:

So, i'm redoing the numbers on Bonetooth atm. Thinking of adding a secondary passive to make it more attractive to Rengar players in lane, while also having synergy with Jungle.

How does this sound?

PASSIVE: Heals X amount on kill. On champion or significant minion/monster, the Heal is multiplied (by maybe 3 or 5, whichever makes sense and is significant.)

So i don't know what the number would be, but the idea is that it gives him a minor level of sustain that synergizes with last-hitting (minion kills could give you a small amount of sustain, with Siege Minions giving you the Significant bonus, ala Thresh/Nasus/Veigar collection games) while also being a useful mitigation in the jungle - esp on camps like Wraiths where you'd likely outheal the little guys.

Thoughts?

Sound interesting.

What about making 2 kinds of bonetooth?

Just like Viktor has an unique item that can change into 3 different items with different stats and abilities, we have a jungle bonetooth and lane bonetooth item?

That way both kinds of Rengar players can benefit with a bonetooth and not make a superpower bonetooth that has the quality of both.

And just like with boots, if there is one in Rengar item slot, he can't buy the other.

Thoughts?

Zerglinator

09-06-2013

Quote:
Unlikely that the heal will ever be -that- big, my target strength to have this be similar to a Doran's passive (Like 5 on kill, 50 on Significant) may be a possibility. While it's something that -could- make him more snowbally, it seems less snowbally to me than say Vampiric Scepter on dudes with AA steroids or Doran's Blades. However, getting a toplaner interested in something at an 800g cost when you could just get Doran's + Boots or Vamp scepter makes it a hard sell @_@

Possible we could do +100 HP on champions, but my gut says that's unlikely. I wouldn't want to give out +100 on significant monsters/minions, and i also wouldn't want to create more than two points of healing (like Small, Medium and Large heal).

Haven't put it in yet, but i'm thinking somewhere around 5-8 per kill and somewhere between 50-65 on big kill.
I just REALLY want him to have some sort of special interaction with his Trophy collecting and being a hunter and the fact that there are these gigantic EPIC monsters for him to hunt.

Vivi R66

09-06-2013

Quote:
Nothing special with the fact that it's now a skillshot? But there's so much untapped potential! I think Empowered Bola should pass through minions, for example! Because who wants to waste their Ferocity on a minion when it's not the Heal?
The issue with it not hitting minions, sir, is that jungle Rengar needs the ferocity and for that the bola has to land on creeps, so your suggestion nerfs jungler Rengar by a lot. Elise doesnt have big issues with skillshot cc, Rengar wont also.

Zerglinator

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi R66 View Post
The issue with it not hitting minions, sir, is that jungle Rengar needs the ferocity and for that the bola has to land on creeps, so your suggestion nerfs jungler Rengar by a lot. Elise doesnt have big issues with skillshot cc, Rengar wont also.
Aren't his other Ferocity skills far better for jungling, though? I'm saying the FEROCITY Bola only hits champions! The REGULAR Bola still hits creeps. That's what I'm saying, sir!

Justaco

09-06-2013

Quick question, does the bola grant/consume ferocity if it misses? It would be a real shame to spend your ferocity on something that misses them (which may be a good thing).

Vivi R66

09-06-2013

Quote:
Aren't his other Ferocity skills far better for jungling, though? I'm saying the FEROCITY Bola only hits champions! The REGULAR Bola still hits creeps. That's what I'm saying, sir!
Hmm, I see, that COULD work but removes part of the counterplay, with it being buffed on ratio and duration, i dont know if its balanced enough. And well, it will be counter intuitive for people, i imagine "This move hits creeps so use to farm on distance... but the better version of it doesnt do that", not everyone goes to the wiki read indepth of skills so the game has to be clear by itself