i lost 150 pounds playing league of legends

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

advancedAI

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1c0576ec0ecef2 View Post
It truly doesn't matter, I personally eat meat/rice/pasta, drink beer, eat tons of cheese, and skip meals every day.

My total caloric intake is less than or around 2200(which is right for my size). I rarely eat veggies, and I feel absolutely amazing, especially because of my weight.

I used to eat more than my caloric need, and was fat, Since I switched my eating habits, i've lost weight.

You want to argue with me about this kind of stuff, I can show you study after study done on the subject, showing that it's not what you eat. Just how much you are eating. And no, I won't be quoting health food websites, or weight loss websites.

Fast food for instance, while a bit saltier than what you'd prepare at home, has no advantage/disadvantage over food you would actually cook at home, aside from being quicker to acquire. Same vitamins and minerals, and even a basic diet from mcdonanlds would provide you almost 90% of what your body needs to stay alive.

One of the biggest things I found helped, was that when I was eating I was always over-eating because I felt hungry. So if you drink a large glass of water before eating, or while eating. You feel full faster.
Of course keeping under your total calories will prevent you from gaining weight. I never contested that. But just because someone is fat doesn't mean they're unhealthy. Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean they're healthy. In fact a lot of skinny people have too little muscle mass and are metabolically unfit.

You're dreaming if you think total calories is the only thing that matters. There are plenty of studies(pub med, I'm not talking about fad sites either) to prove it.

Everybody is different and everybody metabolises their food differently. But just because you 'feel' healthy doesn't mean you are. When's the last time you checked your body fat percentage and had your blood work done? If it checks out then fine... Keep doing what you're doing.

Have you ever tried logging your macros? Just because you don't eat veggies and skip meals doesn't mean you didn't hit your protein, fat, and carb requirements. In fact it's quite easy with pasta, meat, cheese, beer, etc... Especially if it's fresh and home cooked. I do it too.

I think we're both trying to say close to the same thing here... But you're refusing to acknowledge your macros.

Koboto Hasegawa

09-06-2013

daylivia senpai did you work out at all or did you just eat healthily?

PPPPPPPPPPPP270

09-06-2013

Good job
I don't think playing LoL helped you.
A LoL player being married is rare.
Nice kids as well.

FearOfTheFlesh

09-06-2013

Congrats.

In regards to something else, can you maintain a positive attitude in the forums too to go along with your new found healthier you, and avoid those arrogant/trolling threads you make occasionally?

It is quite difficult to find good players, who are actually willing to give productive advice on the forums for many of us newer players.

You are among the few that frequent the forums enough and play well enough that you can be a huge positive example for the community. Remember back when you first started, and how much more enjoyable and memorable that experience would be if you had someone like that to turn to, take game advice from, and read their constructive and informative posts.

I know a lot can be immature, blame others or never see fault in their own gameplay or theorycraft, but there are some of us who will listen and try to learn if you are willing to be equally open and mature about it.

Divey McDiverson

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearOfTheFlesh View Post
snip
I tried at first, but 9/10 low elo players think they know more than the few good players that frequent the forums so most of the high elo players here just gave up and started troll posting for fun. nobody respects good player opinions on these forums

41noob

09-06-2013

that's awesome daylivia

FearOfTheFlesh

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatty View Post
I tried at first, but 9/10 low elo players think they know more than the few good players that frequent the forums so most of the high elo players here just gave up and started troll posting for fun. nobody respects good player opinions on these forums
Ah fair enough, I am sorry to hear that. But thank you for trying at least.

I only asked because I remember several months back asking for advice about random things and you were one of the few that gave a detailed and well-thought out answer, and I missed seeing that, but I understand why you gave up on us

Regardless, congrats mate and keep it up.

Nintharra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2013

Congratulations! Freaking awesome.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

09-06-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatty View Post
over like 2 years i would just constantly play league of legends when i wasn't at school to keep my mind off of eating. i eat around 1500-2k calories a day consisting of nuts and beans/meat/vegetables/fruit. i don't eat grains, dairy, sweets, or greasy foods, i only drink water, etc. went from 320 -> 170

this was me at christmas 2011 i believe
Wow, congratulations! I bet you feel a ton better too.

Now, for step 2, you just need to do body weight lifts like sit ups, body weight deadlifts, push ups, squats, etc (to the extent those are safe for you) while in queue, dead, or loading and you'll transition to totally cut as well as a healthy weight.

41noob

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Wow, congratulations! I bet you feel a ton better too.
a wild zileas appears

12345678 ... 10