Garen visual update detected?!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Aviatrix

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
We;re looking into doing a texture update for Rugged Garen based on feedback.
I appreciate this.

He went from rough and manly sexiness to... cleaned up with some pretty boy hair. I didn't recognize the model... I found it through the process of elimination.

And destroying the only male skin I find sexy... just makes me sad that then there'd be no (male) skin I can say is sexy.

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2013

Quote:
Sorry, Morello has already spoken to the most-likely demise of AP Sion.
I don't care about that. I liked the axe toting giant... what I'm not liking is the whispers of undead. I liked the whole health stack thing, but I'm not happy about having a zombie lumberjack. I just want to be a lumberjack. "'Cuz I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay..."

Raygr

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Bodacious View Post
His ult is still very clearly a sword.
His ult is very clearly a laser light show. The animation is good but it's not the same.

Kurcheena

09-06-2013

I kinda doubt anyone is reading this anymore since they stopped replying.

Wolf Knıght

09-06-2013

Quote:
Grumpy Monkey did the base and I did all the skins

We wanted to push the skins just a bit more. They all equated basically to recolors/geometry swaps. Not a ton of thematic shift. So, for example, we pushed Sanguin more towards almost a vampire warrior. Pushed Desert Trooper towards a Demacian Laurence of Arabia thing, made Rugged a bit more... Rugged, and so on.

We did the same with Master Yi wherever he had simple recolors. Tried to add a bit more thematic flavor.
What only you two worked on completely redoing Garen that is nuts.
It must have been super easy or took a while.

Knub

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-06-2013

Quote:
we pushed Sanguin more towards almost a vampire warrior.
This is what I really don't like. Garen was the second hero I ever bought and Sanguine was the second skin. The skin is so different from how it used to be. He's so pale now. Yuck.

So far, this is the only VU that I don't like. I think it's because I care more about this update than the others since Garen was one of my first heroes and first favorites. I hardly play him anymore but there is sentimental value there that disappears with this update.

Critmaster Garen

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightEcho View Post
Is no-one else bugged by how HUGE his pauldrens are now. They were large before but now they're just ridiculous.
yes, i would really like to know whos responsible for that. i know ironstylus is probably a fan of space marines.

the giant pauldrons are fine for the steel legion skin power armor. but please dont ruin his default skin with those monstrosities.

BabySnatcherr

09-06-2013

I just want to say thanks again for Riot taking another look at Rugged Garen- hopefully they can get it looking like the badass skin that it is on live already. (Shoutout to Desert, Sanguine and Dreadknight garen fans... good luck guys!)

Also, please bring back his punch, maybe as a crit animation or something and also, we NEED a giant sword cutting down our foes when we ult, please.

I don't care if you make it fancier than that or leave it at that, I just REALLY loved that ult.

Thanks again for what you guys do and for listening to us Garen fans and for the VU, hopefully we can make him even more of a badass than he already can be... and keep him punching people in the face and ulting giant swords upon our enemies...!!

BabySnatcherr

09-06-2013

Also, yes.. his pauldrons are SUPER HUGE now... and make his head look so small... maybe take another look at that.

Anduraga

09-06-2013

You should at least create a new skin based on Garen's current base skin: Fisher Price Garen. C'mon IronStylus, you know you wanna.