Let's talk about Xerath

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HotRod

09-05-2013

Please, as a Xerath player myself. I believe that this update needs to be scrapped.I like the way the current standings for Xerath are. Xerath is a high poke/burst champion, and his kit right now is perfect for that. The only thing I would see needing a little change is to his Passive, that is the only thing I can see needing any sort've rework. I really don't want xerath to change, and many other xerath players seem to agree. I like the visual update though, as the original skin seemed to be lacking with some of the spell effects, but please as well as the Spell Updates don't change his Scorched Earth skin. To sum it up, don't change any of his spells, change his passive to reflect more to a Burst/Poke champion, I really I am gonna be disaapointed if this update pulls through. I hope you can read this.

RektgrizBeast

09-06-2013

I think people are misunderstanding what this rework is about. It isn't just about trying to make him more popular. It's about giving him more utility in teamfights and making him a true long range mage. I believe it's been said that Xerath doesnt really have much up his sleeve in terms of making plays unless his ult is off of cooldown. In early laning phase, when he doesn't have his ult, much of it is composed on hitting the opponent with your e, landing your q, and then maybe hitting them with a couple auto attacks. Having nothing to follow up the stun with besides some auto attacks is very underwhelming and just plain unrewarding. With annie, if you land a stun with any of your offensive of your abilities, your able to follow it up with another offensive ability, making you feel like a threat in lane. But with Xerath's current kit, youre just standing there awkwardly auto attacking and running away until you can stun them again or your ult comes off of cooldown. I think this plays a part in why Xerath isn't so popular because he's only a real threat if his ult is up and that just isnt fair for how badass Xerath actually looks. I mean, yes Xerath is an excellent poke champ and his range is unrivaled by any other champ in the league, but I feel this rework will bring out the true Xerath and make him the real long range mage he was always meant to be.

OnyStyle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2013

For anyone who was wondering, as of Friday September 6th, no Xerath is not on the pbe yet.

Don Fabuloso

09-06-2013

What about a passive something like Aatrox's blood well:
Cooldown 60 secs
When he expends mana, he puts that mana into his 'Mana Tank' or whatnot
and then
when he is reduced to 0 Health OR Mana he regains half of the mana in his mana tank in that specific stat
The cap in the mana tank would be Level x 300

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-06-2013
155 of 159 Riot Posts

Yep. I missed the cut-off for 3.12 PBE.

Will be shooting for 3.13 PBE as the start of testing.

TheEnygma

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Yep. I missed the cut-off for 3.12 PBE.

Will be shooting for 3.13 PBE as the start of testing.
noob

Kappa

LoLKiru

09-06-2013

Im not sure if anyone pointed this out but the reason this rework is being done, isn't because Xerath is unpopular, or that he's weak; Its just being done to help him fit his role as a long-range sniper style magician more (and also fill in the flaw that he has basically NOTHING to do when his ultimate is on cooldown, and it becomes quite difficult to land kills without it)

I've played Xerath for quite a while now and im very excited to see the changes in their final form.

YogSoth0th

09-06-2013

Cannot WAIT to see this rework come out. I love the look of his new kit.

Sirilan

09-06-2013

So does it mean that rework won't show on PBE this week?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

I'm a bit disappointed :-/

oldRakdos

09-06-2013

as a Xerath player, my only fear about this reworked is that they loose the way whith him and stop being the xerath that we love, but i am looking for this, because they fix his problem to do something while his ult is on CD