Garen VU WTF?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LimitlessChaos

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ququroon View Post
He's getting a new voice. He has special interactions (one of which is now one of my favorite lines in the game). I... believe it's the same voice actor. It at least sounds like him.

Dammit now I want tacos.

Visual Effects! It's the pretty sparkles/glitter of the video game industry. (oh god don't kill me Dudebro)
Uh "at least it sounds like him?"

You don't have to worry about Dudebro killing you because I think ten thousand of us will do it readily of Jamieson Price didn't do the updated voice work.

Also, why does he only have two animations for his basic attacks now? I don't recall any melee champion having only two plus a crit animation.

HostileTachibana

09-06-2013

I just saw a video of the animations on pbe. WHY DID YOU TAKE AWAY HIS AMAZING DANCE?! The backstreet boys dance was like one of the greatest things about garen

Riot DudeBro

VFX Artist

09-06-2013
12 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuzoS7 View Post
will Udyr Be getting a VU as well?
Some day; probably not soon.

BeefyLoveLord

09-06-2013

This pains me to see.

I already miss the punch. The full on closed fisted hook to the jaw of justice. So sweet and pure that you can hear UFC commentators shouting "RIGHT ON THE BUTTON" every time it lands.

That it has gone... is one of histories greatest crimes.

If Decisive strike is not changed to a silencing fist to the face or righteous Backhand I'm going to be instalocking teemo every game after this drops. IN punishment.

239falcon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot DudeBro View Post
If it's nacho cheese then who's is it?
I will never in my life be able to upvote this enough.

But back to the original idea, I like the VU.
I think I will miss the front flip, but we will see after the new animation comes out.
For his ult, I still see a sword come down. But now I get to play ACDC while playing Garen. "You've been.. THUNDERSTRUCK!!!"

Bydlarius0

09-06-2013

Okay, here goes feedback no one ever will care about:

General: All the things other people noted (such as lack of punching and flips and whatnot) aside, I think his new abilities' VFX is way too noisy. Especially for a manaless champion. I mean, look at Katarina, the only flashy ability she has is her W, and even then it lasts a split second. I guess Riven has flashier abilities, but you could say she has enchanted sword or whatever. For me, Garen's new abilites are way too much noise. All the while saying he should be more realistic and less cartoonish, go figure.
Icons: His Q and E look way too similar, and are not very informative of what they do. I mean, old Q had Garen himself on it performing the attack, which kind of conveyed the effort he puts into it. Effort, as in movement speed he gains. Sort of. And his E really needs a spinning sword image, I think we all can agree with that.
Rugged Garen: I literally bought this skin because it was asymmetrical, and now you're taking it away? Not cool at all.
Dreadkinght Garen: Needs more grimdark. Also, the fur on his shoulderpads somehow ended up looking worse than before.

Dear Urgot

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ququroon View Post
He's getting a new voice. He has special interactions (one of which is now one of my favorite lines in the game). I... believe it's the same voice actor. It at least sounds like him.
Is one of them with Urgot? Please say it is.

PsychoSim

09-06-2013

Creative to Creative... may I suggest adding some edge to the light/energy/magic/fire sword. It may add additional mass to the energy... if that makes sense... I'll try it in PS really quick.

..and back. Didn't work.

EFG

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuzoS7 View Post
will Udyr Be getting a VU as well?
He did. They just decided to charge for it.