A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
I've seen this a bunch in this thread so far, but i don't see it as having the same problems due to

- Stalk having less Stealth Duration than on Live
- Stalk losing Thrill of the Hunt's movement speed
- Rengar's overall burst being lowered

In general, there's a much lower window for Rengar to Sneak-Attack you. He can also just run and leap on you if his goal is to just get to you, but if taking your opponent by surprise is important (say, in a lane-gank) that option is still available and potent. Overall it takes a lot more planning and execution to pull off the stealth-attack, but you can forgo the planning and just bumrush them (at the cost of alerting them to your presence earlier)
I said it before and I'll say it again... I almost could stomach losing leap for longer invisibility on second cast, but at the same time I feel that he should get a slight buff to his visible leap.

Parapsychology

08-28-2013

Not sure how this sounds but what if BTN stacks was a part of Rengar's passive? This gives more flexibility in how to build Rengar by giving him another slot.

I have some concern with how this sustained damage version of Rengar is going to limit his incredible snowballing potential from a map presence point of view. maybe im wrong?

What if we added this to hit ult to make up for the burst cheesing loss?

Thrill of the Hunt

Rengar becomes empowered granting unique abilities (Predator sight, speed, jump, ferocity,etc.).

Passive Ideas

- Rengar becomes empowered with each champion kill granting 2/3/4 passive bonus attack damage.

Or?

- Rengar becomes empowered granting unique abilities (Predator sight, speed, jump, ferocity,etc.). Rengar's next auto attack or Savagery will cause an additional 10/15/20 (+x%AD) damage with each champion kill stack.

Or?

- Rengar Becomes Thrilled and Empowered with each Champion kill granting him an additional (25/50/75) Attack Damage for each Champion killed lasting 10 seconds for each kill, this buff will stack with itself.

By putting these passives into Rengar's kit instead of his build, it puts less strain on catching up because he will have healthier scaling, more resourcefulness out of his ultimate, more counter-play in his item build AND most of all.... more "thrill in the hunt" so to speak =)

Any feedback?

Sigma117

08-28-2013

Someone over on the EU server has a nice mechanic idea for Rengars E. In short it hits the first target, and the bola swings around them, potentially hitting a second target to tie them together.
Forum post: http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.co...php?p=13027175

Launchpad

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma117 View Post
Someone over on the EU server has a nice mechanic idea for Rengars E. In short it hits the first target, and the bola swings around them, potentially hitting a second target to tie them together.
Nice! I like this because it forces the enemy team to either join up and be slowed or to leave the "weakened" ally to die by Rengar

Snowsef

08-28-2013

As for this new empowered ultimate, I'm an advocate of tons of damage.

But for his Q, I agree with @Troy242621. The best way to build rengar is as a glass cannon with lots of armor pen so he can instantly burst carries with the triple Q. I feel like if his Q damage is nerfed and turned into more of a sustained damage type of deal, it changes rengar from an assassin (what most rengar players want him to be) to a generic bruiser, and I think we already have enough of those personally.

ImpurePug

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Launchpad View Post
He still has to earn them through kills. It's just that with the ability to purchase them... it's more like locking in a desired ability for the price of gold. It'd be a trophy that no one can take away from him that he specifically chose, rather than one that was predestined for him to receive and could be taken away.
I actually have an idea about this. Maybe once Rengar gets a kill, the next time he goes to shop there will be a catalog of things reng can get from trophies, and one kill will randomly unlock an effect that Rengar can "lock in".

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

08-28-2013
63 of 81 Riot Posts

Quick Update:

Xelnath played him in the jungle and got like 1 bajillion kills (I think the final end score was 15/7/8?) building BTN, BT, Trinity Force, Infinity Edge and Berserker's Greaves. They ended up losing to a few misplays, but so far judging by his in-game performance (and the screams of 'oh god' from the other members of Live Design) it seems like he's still 100% capable of dealing damage.

W Mechanic is back to Armor and MR from AD Reduction - this hurts his early clear, but we decided that it's actually pretty necessary for him especially now that he takes slightly longer to kill.

Sprint/Stealth ult is working out pretty well, going to play him myself later today from a Toplane position and begin working on that since jungle seems like it's working fine (insofar as a bruiser-utility guy with strong laneganks or as an assassin), so i want to make sure that Toplane Rengar is still pretty strong.

Javvek

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma117 View Post
The above... that guy is brilliant. This. Just so much this. I would make the bola ignore minions though. That would be stupid op if it could tag a minion AND a champion. Heh.

Though in general, i am not sure how I feel about the rengar changes coming. The ult could certainly use some work and that E would be cool as a skillshot... but I am not sure how I would feel about the Q changes. Would have to see them in play but I love my rengar as he is now. Nothing quite as sweet as jumping into a teamfight right after the tank engages and just -instagibbing- the ADC. Lolbyebye vayne! QQE Runaway!

Zerglinator

08-28-2013

Quote:
W Mechanic is back to Armor and MR from AD Reduction - this hurts his early clear, but we decided that it's actually pretty necessary for him especially now that he takes slightly longer to kill.
Kinda sad about no enfeeble but I suppose if it's needed to make him work...

Carding

08-28-2013

Quote:
Quick Update:

Xelnath played him in the jungle and got like 1 bajillion kills (I think the final end score was 15/7/8?) building BTN, BT, Trinity Force, Infinity Edge and Berserker's Greaves. They ended up losing to a few misplays, but so far judging by his in-game performance (and the screams of 'oh god' from the other members of Live Design) it seems like he's still 100% capable of dealing damage.

Sprint/Stealth ult is working out pretty well, going to play him myself later today from a Toplane position and begin working on that since jungle seems like it's working fine (insofar as a bruiser-utility guy with strong laneganks or as an assassin), so i want to make sure that Toplane Rengar is still pretty strong.
I still think you guys shouldn't have messed with his ultimate the way you did, I don't quite understand the new one either way. If he's seen incoming with movement speed he's bound to be stopped....and if he's NOT seen without movement speed there might not be a way to actually catch the target in time before you are spotted and put in your place. It just seems obsolete to me and you could take a better approach as far as the stealth goes, that's what made him unique and to his old nerf he was already downgraded to just a cub.

Basically his famous "Triple Q" burst will be obliterated?

Me as Rengar being one of the only champions I actually enjoy playing this will make me run to another champion, like with Elise I ended up with Rengar.

What's the point of having an ultimate that I will be seen coming and if I don't want to be seen I will sacrifice my movement speed. Example: I go for the enemy Caitlyn and I turn on the movement increase part of the ultimate (pardon my ignorance on the name) but I am totally visible, right? She can just use her 90 Caliber net and I will be stopped in my tracks. Same with Ezreal and MANY others who can stop you in place once they acquire a slow/CC not to mention Rengar has no CC and any others who do, will make this ult horrible in my opinion.

Quote:
Thrill of the Hunt
- Cooldown decreased
- No longer plays Voice Over or gives an Icon to enemies within Rengar's sight/detection range
- Consumes current Ferocity on cast - each point of Ferocity consumed increases the Duration of Thrill of the Hunt by 1 second.
- No longer stealths Rengar for the duration
- Duration greatly increased, scales with ult rank
- Movement Speed increased
- Rengar's first basic attack while in Thrill of the Hunt will cause him to leap at his target - Rengar retains the Movement Speed increase from Thrill of the Hunt for 3 seconds after leaping.
So I think this answers my own question , the Triple Q won't be accessible as he doesn't gain Ferocity stacks anymore? I'd really like to see some game play of this ultimate but from what I've read it just looks as Rengar will be just a house kitten with no real potential to the team you either do good, or you're useless. His burst and a good player combined made him extremely useful in any team composition and definitely something to watch out for in the enemy team (which with the correct build can be stopped)

I hope you hopefully can do something about the ultimate as it had it's special feeling to it.