I got Plat II playing almost exclusively Swain

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fubby3

08-25-2013

Bump

Fubby3

08-25-2013

bump

Psychotic Man

08-25-2013

I always love playing swain, but I don't know why everyone rarely plays him.

Also, is there something i can add in my swain build that will maybe improve my damage and get me a more mana.

(In Order of Building)
ROTA
Sorc shoes (with alacrity)
Spirit Visage
Rubaan Death Cap
Hourglass
Athene's Unholy Grail

It works really well against those who relay on grievous wounds to kill me, as it makes me really tanky, but its hard to kill them before they kill my team mates in a team fight.

Fubby3

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Man View Post
I always love playing swain, but I don't know why everyone rarely plays him.

Also, is there something i can add in my swain build that will maybe improve my damage and get me a more mana.

(In Order of Building)
ROTA
Sorc shoes (with alacrity)
Spirit Visage
Rubaan Death Cap
Hourglass
Athene's Unholy Grail

It works really well against those who relay on grievous wounds to kill me, as it makes me really tanky, but its hard to kill them before they kill my team mates in a team fight.
Build Liandries instead of visage are Rabadons or Athenes.

Psychotic Man

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubby3 View Post
Build Liandries instead of visage are Rabadons or Athenes.
Which of these three has stats that I can compensate for comparatively more than the others by use of runes and masteries?

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

08-25-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Swain is a pretty powerful champion under the right circumstances, but is typically seen as unpopular. We generally attribute this to his 3 DoT spells and the one delayed skillshot, as deferred reward in our game are appreciated/valued less unless their power is pretty massive (think Death Mark)). That said, a few questions for you sir:

1. Do you feel like you don't have -enough- items to build? Which stats are most important to you as a Swain player? I've always felt like i needed Mana, Mana regen, Health, AP, CDR, Pen, and then Resists - and have often found it difficult to itemize overall.

2. Without buffing Swain (you can err on this a little), do you have any suggestions to make the lives of Swain players easier (QoL) or simply more fun? (PSA: We consider QoL typically as changes that smooth out a champion that aren't power-level focused - adding ratios, ranges, etc don't count typically)

3. What do you feel like is Swain's 'fantasy' as a game goes on - what do you feel defines him? Champions like Ezreal and Vayne want to dart around a fight dealing damage and kiting, Mages like Syndra and Veigar want to set up and then crush their opponent in one blow - what do you think is your 'I am Epic' moment for Swain?

3a. If you do have an endgame fantasy that you think fits Swain, do you think it's working out atm? Are there things you think we could do to improve on it?

(This isn't a precursor to a 'Let's Talk' thread or a Swain rework, just up late watching Gamescom and sincerely interested in what you'd answer as a Swain player.)

Let me know what you think.

Austinodood

08-25-2013

A WlLD SCARIZARD APPEARED

Worst jungles sm

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Swain is a pretty powerful champion under the right circumstances, but is generally seen as unpopular. We generally attribute this to his 3 DoT spells and the one delayed skillshot, as deferred reward in our game are appreciated/valued less unless their power is pretty massive (think Death Mark)). That said, a few questions for you sir:

1. Do you feel like you don't have -enough- items to build? Which stats are most important to you as a Swain player? I've always felt like i needed Mana, Mana regen, Health, AP, CDR, Pen, and then Resists - and have often found it difficult to itemize overall.

2. Without buffing Swain (you can err on this a little), do you have any suggestions to make the lives of Swain players easier (QoL) or simply more fun? (PSA: We consider QoL typically as changes that smooth out a champion that aren't power-level focused - adding ratios, ranges, etc don't count typically)

3. What do you feel like is Swain's 'fantasy' as a game goes on - what do you feel defines him? Champions like Ezreal and Vayne want to dart around a fight dealing damage and kiting, Mages like Syndra and Veigar want to set up and then crush their opponent in one blow - what do you think is your 'I am Epic' moment for Swain?

3a. If you do have an endgame fantasy that you think fits Swain, do you think it's working out atm? Are there things you think we could do to improve on it?

(This isn't a precursor to a 'Let's Talk' thread or a Swain rework, just up late watching Gamescom and sincerely interested in what you'd answer as a Swain player.)

Bad scarizard.
Bad.

We do not need any kind of rework on swain.

Bad scarizard.
Shoo

EndlessCycle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Swain is a pretty powerful champion under the right circumstances, but is generally seen as unpopular. We generally attribute this to his 3 DoT spells and the one delayed skillshot, as deferred reward in our game are appreciated/valued less unless their power is pretty massive (think Death Mark)). That said, a few questions for you sir:

You know actually I think the only reason people don't play him is because most of his damage is DoT and people shy away from AP Mids that don't deal massive damage with their ults.

Austinodood

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worst jungles sm View Post
Bad scarizard.
Bad.

We do not need any kind of rework on swain.

Bad scarizard.
Shoo
He blatantly said he wasn't reworking him