The Thread By Scooter Sparkle got deleted.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jazmataz

Member

08-22-2013

Bump for justice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Incorrect. The thread was directly demanding that a specific player be punished to satisfy a vocal minority on GD's thirst for vengeance.
-snip-
Please take a Civics 101 class.
I thank you for your answers, but I wish you didn't have such an "I'm better than you" attitude about it, most of us weren't being rude.
You seem to think we are being unreasonable about the one with whom the deleted thread was concerned, but there is a screenshot showing her encouraging the hacker to send people to BR, I would hope she would be punished for such a thing, but you probably don't think it's a big deal or something.
The only reason we're a vocal minority is because all the threads concerning this stuff are deleted or closed, and nobody is informed about the real reason why we all had to change our passwords.
Anyway, thanks again for at least taking time to respond to multiple posts, and allow me to apologize on behalf of that one guy. Not all of us share his feelings towards you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Scyphozoa

Senior Member

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
I Know its not Riots policy to comment on punishments and bans, but considering the serious nature of the events in question I'd say these events merit some confirmation that the threat to account security has been removed.
So
you want them
to tell you when gem gets banned
because it has to do with your credit card?


lolno. Banning gem, while completely necessary, does nothing to protect your information.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoyalAtreyuX

Senior Member

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
So what I'm getting from this is that the community want Riot to tell them private information about how they handle their punishment?

Such as "Hey guys we looked into ES and banned her because you guys demanded it"

Am I right or wrong?
No, we're looking for a "Hey, she's not getting the season rewards because she didn't earn it" post. Not a "she got banned" post. Or at least, I am.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
nobody is informed about the real reason why we all had to change our passwords..
Riot told us why we had to change our passwords in their news annoucements, what're you talking about?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WindLord7070

Senior Member

08-22-2013

popele should be used to certain people getting special treatment because they know someone its how the world works


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-22-2013

Just to clarify wookie, the thread where Rioter's told people everything's okay was confirmed to have been posted in by a stolen Rioter account in the Pinned thread, which is also one of the reasons the thread was deleted.

But it's glad to hear you're doing things, and the complete response you made in your second post was amazing

Quote:
I thank you for your answers, but I wish you didn't have such an "I'm better than you" attitude about it, most of us weren't being rude.
The people he responded to with that WERE being rude!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAtreyuX View Post
No, we're looking for a "Hey, she's not getting the season rewards because she didn't earn it" post. Not a "she got banned" post. Or at least, I am.
Why do you and others think you're entitled to it?

We are not told when our reports land someone in Tribunal, and get them punished, so why should this matter be any different?

Wookie said they're looking into it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Urf Life

Senior Member

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zMajin View Post
He was banned for elo boosting multiple people, making public death threats on a forum with his name attached (really, dude?), and impersonating people. He was banned off of twitch for participating in account theft LIVE. Also, there's no proof RioyJay was at all involved.
You forgot to mention the part where Gem was boosted 3 times and was not punished while also supporting a hacker in his endeavors to send multiple to different servers


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Merchant

Senior Member

08-22-2013

@WookieCookie I appreciate the response! I read what you linked and I've got a question? You say that's it's the same group of lvl 5 accounts making these threads. Is that because maybe they don't want their main accounts banned or hacked by this guy who's going around hacking? Half of your long post made me happy and half made me sad. First the good part: I love the fact that you tell use that an investigation is ongoing. I LOVE that! Really that's all I've been wanting to hear but with all the threads getting deleted I've become worried. Now what I don't like is the fact that your post seems VERY condescending to GD. I know that not all of GD is nice and happy but as you are a representative of Riot I don't like being talked down to and treated like trash just because I'm on GD. Also if I'm not mistaken the post where there was a red post saying "Everything is fine go home" Got deleted in a huge thread.