The Thread By Scooter Sparkle got deleted.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dontkillplx

08-22-2013

Riot making it clear that they are like a Dictatorship.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAtreyuX View Post
Sure, to their employees. I believe we're their customers, not their employees. And I also believe this means that they should listen to US, not the other way around.
US Constitution don't forbid companies from censoring what they want on their site or games. I cry every time when someone try and use "freedom of speech", as a excuse on these forums.

zMajin

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarrrrr View Post
By all means, explain what did then

This is what I gathered between all the deleted/manipulated/moved/banned posts I saw.
He was banned for elo boosting multiple people, making public death threats on a forum with his name attached (really, dude?), and impersonating people. He was banned off of twitch for participating in account theft LIVE. Also, there's no proof RioyJay was at all involved.

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2013

Quote:
Sure, to their employees. I believe we're their customers, not their employees. And I also believe this means that they should listen to US, not the other way around.
Realizing that "US" is a negligable part of the population? This issue has such little documentation that it's easier to cover it up than it is to actually address it.

Mikemaximum

08-22-2013

Jeez that's a big red post.

Jayarrrrr

08-22-2013

Quote:
I've been watching this situation for a while. In fact, I've been watching it since last year when it happened.

When the situation first happened, the general consensus on the forums was that "Emo Sparkle" (see above posts, page 5) was scum and deserved the ban. There were his rabid fans who tried to convince us otherwise, but that was basically it. Shiny-Rock (again, see above posts, page 4), was briefly mentioned, but her situation took a back seat to the fact that Emo Sparkle (ES) received a ban.

Then the story began to be written.

ES began to make public chatlogs between him and his now-Ex Girlfriend, Shiny Rock (SR). As players read these logs it became more and more evident that ES actually was doing something that we would later look back on with a little bit of understanding. SR had in fact received a free Diamond account completely based on the fact that no one paid her much attention when ES was banned. There was quite a stirring on the forums when this occurred, but not enough to get a reponse from Riot.

The issue disappeared for a good time period, approximately 10ish months. I had even forgotten about this, TBH.

About a month and a half ago we introduce the ES Fans once more. More public denouncement of SR with even more proof, including what appeared to be a 200 pg long chat log with evidence of her knowing full well she was getting boosted. This is now the primary focus of the player base, as the evidence is undeniable. She begins to be attacked on the forums. Riot does nothing. So what happens?

Scumson (above posts, page 4, S-S)happens. Somehow he gains access to forum posts and edits them to reflect positively on SR. He also changes the amount of votes. This then leads to now, where he has hacked accounts, sent them to places like the LAN servers and Oceania. What happens now? Well, this is simple. Wookiecookie's post makes it evident enough. They hide it and delete it and bury it. Why? Well, we don't know. Riot won't answer us. This leads to the popular theory that she's in a few of their pants, possibly all at once, to remain unattacked.

My personal opinion? Revoke her account's rank and let her off with a warning. Her "desire" for revenge through this hacker, of course, is questionable, but I cannot put the actions of one off on another. She may or may not have done this, but I don't know. I don't honestly care. When he's caught (and he will be, by Riot or by a rather brave player), he'll be thrown in jail. Simple.

TL;DR? Riot, your hiding this issue is dumb. Just answer us. Tell us something is going to be done. Otherwise you'll keep getting this public denouncement. Hiding this is not the answer. Wookie, not meaning to attack you or anything, but don't act like this is a minor issue. The hackings are one thing, this is another. First Amendment. Not even the government can take it, so why are you able to? Yeah, these are your forums, but guess what? This is the USA.
This is a great post, and does a better job detailing what I believe happened as well, didn't see it before I wrote mine (probably cuz it was posted while I was doing it ) but it does seem to agree with what I've seen take place. Although you seem to have had a bit more experience in the case, as I wasn't around 10 months ago to see the beginning. Nicely written.

Notalent

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodai View Post
If you don't mind me asking,

What did the thread say?
It brought up how GEM has been involved in numerous hackings and elo boosting incidents and yet seemingly has not been punished in the least. Also brought up her involvement with Riotjay and claims that her friend who has threatened to hack people claims to be friends with either Tryndamere or Ryze (the ceo's of riot).

It had a lot of very intelligent points...it also seemed to claim XJ9 was punished unfairly, which was my only problem with it.

TryMucinex

08-22-2013

I definitely don't like how moderators/Riot moved threads such as your, and not most of the threads that are off-topic/art related.
Either your should be put back or all the other art-related one should be moved.
It does seems like a feedback though, about lack of abstract champions, oh well, not important, sorry that it was moved. :c Back to topic though, I doubt Riot want to post everything about what they do everytime it happen.
*Edit* Oh look, he posted about not wanting to publicly release. :3

A Shiny Hero

08-22-2013

Why was scooter guy banned? I'd love to be brought up to speed.

Never mind, just spotted the post last page.

RoyalAtreyuX

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
US Constitution don't forbid companies from censoring what they want on their site or games. I cry every time when someone try and use "freedom of speech", as a excuse on these forums.
Fine, but it doesn't help when they cover this whole freaking thing up. He said they posted on it? Should've stickied it until this issue blows over or until the end of the season. Would certainly help deter more of these threads if that's what deleting them all is about.