Any plans on a Galio rework?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master0fPenguins

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
yes, i'll be doing some work on galio in an upcoming patch (specifics aren't set yet). since i've already started to take a look at him, and i won't be able to get in my changes until sometime after 3.11, i went ahead and put in a mana/cooldown buff for idol of durand on the pbe for testing as a 3.11 change.

(please note that the change on the pbe is totally subject to change.)
please don't change Galio. He is perfect as is, my personal opinion but really. THere isn't anything wrong with him

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eph289 View Post
I want Galio left alone as much as possible.

I love my statue the way he is. :S
I don't think much is changing. The last time rickless talked about it, the gist of it was moving the MR -> AP ratio to simply be MR ratios in the spells, then giving Galio an actual passive. Probably just number tweaks beyond that.

Lower mana cost and shorter cooldown on Idol makes me moist.

Best Veig Moon

08-22-2013

If you leave you him alone he's going to stay where he is, which is zero play in competitive play, and very VERY little play in game play.
The OP was spot on with the problems of his ultimate, its the fact that its a simple taunt. Keep in mind taunts duration reduces with tenacity. I feel like Shen's taunt is twice as useful than Galio's 140+ second cd ult, because atleast shen's taunt auto-positions because its a dash. He's just too sketchy.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

08-22-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Ninj4P3ngu1n View Post
please don't change Galio. He is perfect as is, my personal opinion but really. THere isn't anything wrong with him
it's not going to be a full-blown rework, but i do want to give him a new passive (while putting magic resist scaling directly into his kit) and then shift a few things around. i really want to get some changes on the pbe shortly after 3.11 goes live (i.e., when the pbe starts testing 3.12 content). once that happens, i'll be really excited to hear from everyone about how he feels.

HeroDenny

08-22-2013

Hope they make galio good because after the nerf he had about 80% of galio players gave up on him.

Doct0r Phil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2013

Rickless, since you are here, I'll just throw some suggestions for ya.

1. Can you somehow make the width of his E slightly larger (or atleast a better visual). Most of the time, my teammates don't even recognize it's available cause it's slightly harder to see. Also, the width of it makes it hard to utilize. It just seems like a strange ability at times. (The cast time makes it difficult to catch people with all the dashes and flashes). It just seems weird. What are your thoughts?

2. Can you make bulwark more noticeable as well? When others get shielded, they need to know they have a shield on. Bulwark, can be hard to see that it's on you (or others). I love a clutch cast of bulwark on my adc, they rarely actually notice that they had a 90 armor and magic resist bonus because it seems like it fades in the background of other effects. Your thoughts on this too?

I love the ideas for Galio you are throwing out. Keep it up!

BelligerentGnu

08-22-2013

Hey ricklessabandon, been trying to get a red answer to this question for awhile now.

Why is it that i can't see the burst range of Karthus Q with smartcast range indicators on? I thought you guys were against increasing difficulty via clunky controls.

Nerd Bird

08-22-2013

You should change his ult to work like aatrox's q. Galio leaps in the air, slams down on target location and begins his taunt when he lands. This would remove his need to use flash every time he wants to ult the enemy team. It also provides some counter play by giving the enemy time to pull out a quick flash before he lands, if they have good enough reaction time.

Master0fPenguins

08-22-2013

Quote:
it's not going to be a full-blown rework, but i do want to give him a new passive (while putting magic resist scaling directly into his kit) and then shift a few things around. i really want to get some changes on the pbe shortly after 3.11 goes live (i.e., when the pbe starts testing 3.12 content). once that happens, i'll be really excited to hear from everyone about how he feels.
Well then I will definately try to get on there and test him out for you.

DirgeTheWitch

08-22-2013

Quote:
yes, i'll be doing some work on galio in an upcoming patch (specifics aren't set yet). since i've already started to take a look at him, and i won't be able to get in my changes until sometime after 3.11, i went ahead and put in a mana/cooldown buff for idol of durand on the pbe for testing as a 3.11 change.

(please note that the change on the pbe is totally subject to change.)
What was with that unnecessary and fairly random nerf to his Q a few patches back? He already isn't a particularly strong or popular pick, lowering damage on him seemed contradictory towards making him more functional.

123456 ... 7