The No-AD Teemo Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eledhan

10-27-2010

Man, I wish I had gotten started on Teemo earlier than this week... Now I will have to purchase him to try out some of your tips. Unfortunately, I'm still trying to finish my Ashe runes, purchase Twitch, Miss Fortune, and possibly Tristana, and then I'll get Teemo and start working on the Magic Pen runes for him.

Anyway...

On the whole movement speed thing, Boots of Swiftness do probably offer a bit of extra speed. However, the amount is probably negligible given the fact that one item that can improve your movement speed to ALMOST the same final movement speed.

The perk to ignoring Swiftness is that the other boots actually have combat benefits. I'll use Ashe as an example, since she's my main and I know more about her.

According to Leaguecraft, her base movement speed is 300. For my example, I'm going to compare the benefit of Berserker's Boots & Zeal to getting Boots of Swiftness & Zeal.

Zerker's grants 70 additional movement, and Zeal increases movement by 8%. So, 300+70=370. 370*1.08=399.6. Final movement speed is 399.6, but you get an extra 25% to attack speed.

Swiftness grants 90 additional movement, and Zeal increases movement by 8%. So, 300+90=390. 390*1.08=421.2. However, the 6.2 over 415 is only 4.96 due to the 20% reduction, so, the final movement speed using Swiftness is actually 419.96

As you can see, you only have to sacrifice 20.3 movement for an additional 25% attack speed. Or you might decide to get Tabi or Merc's, but either way, the sacrifice of a measly 20 movement speed is well worth it, in my opinion. We're only talking about a 5% increase in movement speed anyway, so I don't think it's really going to get us anywhere.

How this fits in with Teemo, I'm not entirely sure. I would think that since the return on investment into movement speed decreases dramatically due to the soft cap of 415 movement speed, it's just not worth sacrificing something like attack speed for that extra 20 movement speed. Especially considering Teemo already has an ability that enhances movement speed.

Toymaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2010

How bout getting Rod of Ages?
it gives a lot of HP
and if i get Rylai's does the slow stack?

Elyk Draw

11-04-2010

I don't want to say for certain because I've never tried it, but I've heard often on the forum that yes, the Rylai's slow does stack with the shroom. However, it is also my understanding that the poison passive will not slow with Rylai's.

ROA:
I actually used to build it as the first major item, and I'm certainly not going to say it's a bad idea. There are other Teemo builds where it could fit just fine, but I see it as sub-optimal for this strategy. To build a ROA, you need to do it early to make it worthwhile, but that also means you are prioritizing HP and AP (not to mention the mana which isn't required). This simply isn't the focus of this build.

By the time you've built it for 3035 gold, you've got a little more ap and some more hp. In the meantime I've picked up my haunting guise (1485 gold) and fiendish codex (1245). I've got a lot more useful stats and gold to spare - not to mention my codex upgrades into great items.

With all that said, I still think ROA is a solid choice for new AP Teemo players. It's safe, the catalyst helps early in the lane, and the mana can be helpful if you can't/don't have a lot of regen from runes/masteries.

GreyGriffin

11-15-2010

Not to be a Threadromancer, but how does the new Malady interact with this kind of Teemo build?

Elyk Draw

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGriffin View Post
Not to be a Threadromancer, but how does the new Malady interact with this kind of Teemo build?
No problem on the necro. I think malady has it's place in certain Teemo builds (attack speed and a madreds comes to mind).

I do not recommend it for this build. For better or worse, this is a hit-and-run, mage-style build. It could give you some extra presence early/mid game, but late game it doesn't work well with any of the other items you are building (in my opinion). In short, you won't be sitting around auto attacking because you will get focused and killed in short order. Teemo is simply not swift enough as currently designed. His only "escape" ability vanishes when you get attacked...not so great. The 'ol in-out-in-out is the way to play him.

NiftyNags

11-20-2010

Attachment 80063

xD

Been trying Teemo out and using your build. Took a while to get used to, but I think I'm getting the hang of how to use him, and with some luck and against the right team, I guess these are the results.

What do you think of the items? I ended up getting ROA at the end (I think second to last). I'm guessing Void Staff instead is better?

Elyk Draw

11-20-2010

Well, looking at the other team, they bought no magic resist items, so you didn't need void. As you play better teams, they will though. It's fine if you get the Rod, but if you do, get it early. It takes 10 minutes (or somewhere around that long) for it to charge up. That means if you get it at the end of the game, you don't get the full effect.

SukiShards

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2010

there is nothing funner then letting an enemy that thinks they got away from a ally an your in another lane an you here you got a kill from across that map x3 and I love characters like Teemo, TF or somewhat Lux or eve though shes well not bad but we all know x3 read this guide an a few others an I think ap/hybrid teemos(no matter who i play I try for max CD) have a larger overall effect with the mind set of the other team, unlike with ad/dps teemo they can see you coming an know what to expect with ap one they know you can hurt alot anywhere any time

CrossBlades

01-01-2011

i ussually go Boots of swiftness- lich bane- rageblade- zhonyas- something with hp

ap teemo is the best!

Vienna

01-01-2011

i have some personal disagreements:

ap teemo is focused around shrooms, with blind as support, turning into a nasty poke lategame. shrooms are bar none the safest nuke in the entire game to play around, so why not maximize their damage when you play safely? sorc shoes.

blinding dart cost is very sustainable as well; max it first imo. it makes you lane substantially better as opposed to having an okay dot on your white hit (which has okay range). dart is longer, hits much harder, relatively short cd, etc.

since teemo is also such a safe character, you can build a mejai's, too. try it. with math considered, i was always pretty sure as a rule of thumb, for decent ap ratios, you get ap, and for either mres stack or poor ap ratios you get mpen. because teemo has a .8 and multiple 1 ratios, i like to stack flat ap on him (zhonya's/etc.) as opposed guise, which to me is a situational counter item.

also, try cleanse over exhaust. i find against well coordinated teams, a clutch blind and a surviving teemo is often times more valuable than a teemo who got a blind and an exhaust off, then died before the next blind.

nice guide regardless of mild criticisms, +1.