so I "applied" to Riot a while ago...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-21-2013
87 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus Blackmoon View Post
Would you guys have any use for people who know Lean or Six Sigma Techniques?
Hey Cyrus Blackmoon,

I believe there's some crossover between Lean and Agile [which we use in production]. However, as I'm not too familiar with either methodologies, I won't be able to provide you with any additional insight. Feel free to check out and post your query on our "Inside Riot Games" page on LinkedIn.

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-21-2013
88 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSid View Post
Where did you come from, Cotton-Eye Joe?

>.>

<.<

Sorry..
Shameful secret: I was hooked on that song for about a week 2 years ago...

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-21-2013
89 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvictorw View Post
I live on the east coast.

No awesome career for me.
Relocation isn't always a painful process

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-21-2013
90 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykoticx View Post
Greetings Chezai/other Rioters. I was a bit curious, since you seem to be answering quite a few questions in this thread.

I primarily do Computer repair. I can diagnose a PC from 100 paces, strip it down to bare bones, and rebuild it in a timely fashion. I am experienced working with both hardware and software. I could however use some more practice with corporate software and the likes. My question to you is: What sort of skills do you look for for your Desktop analysts? I understand repair skills are necessary, but is Riot looking for someone with many certifications? Or a specific skillset?

I find my greatest strength is fleshing out the issues that are currently plaguing a user, and getting to the root of the problem. I currently work in a very busy computer repair shop and the Desktop analyst position seems like a perfect fit for what I already do but I am a little unclear on what I should be proficient in besides just repairs.
Hey Psykoticx,

You should check out the job descriptions posted for IT positions on our Careers page. From what I can see, it's a lot of "how awesomely amazing are you at doing these things" over "how many certificates do you have". Not saying that certificates aren't awesome and all. Go broad and deep. Jack of all trades, master of some.

I know our IT guys do a bang up job of dealing with anything that we have problems with. Hardware, software, peripherals, etc. We use it [read: break it], they can fix it.

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-21-2013
91 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER11080 View Post
how does one exactly apply for a job at riot? just out of curiosity, cuz I stand no chances, all my letter would say is I WANT IN
Transferable skills are very important. Communication, for example, is an essential essential part of every position at Riot. Heck, it's an essential part of most jobs at most companies. However, communication varies in degrees. It's that level of expertise you have in that particular area that sets you apart.

Arctic Bro

08-21-2013

Shutdown

Fistful of Force

08-21-2013

Riot Chezai! Since you're here, can you give me some advice?

I applied for a Riot internship but was rejected from each position I applied to. I reviewed my resume and application and came to the conclusion that I didn't have enough relevant experience.

Since then I picked two or three of the most appropiate jobs and have been preparing myself for applying for '14. Only, I know that it's extremely competetive, and I don't know if what I'm doing will actually help my application!

Unfortunately I've no idea if what I'm doing (Writing models in Java/c++, brushing up on hadoop/storm) is actually relevant to my picks (Big Data, BI, QA). Can you tell me if I'm on the right track?

Tencent Holdings

08-21-2013

A red that is keeping up with a Thread? It's my time to act now... DEAR RED, I NEED RECOGNITION. Notice me!

I neeeeeeed this...

I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it.

LashBack

08-21-2013

I am with-in driving distance of the St. Louis office so I was really pushing for a opportunity there. I would honestly work at any position I am qualified for at any amount of pay just to get my foot in the door. A career in a field that interests me would be ideal for me. I was asked to do some kind of evaluation the last time I applied and it said I would hear back with my results in a few days. It took well over a month for a response saying they were not interested. I applied around 6 months ago before I finished my degree. I just recently applied again for a different position because It did not allow me to apply for the same position twice. The problem here is that my resume still reflects my experiences for the other position. It will probably not turn out well but I feel a bit better knowing I applied. I will remain hopeful and keep trying.

Alacor

08-21-2013

Chezai! I haven't been able to catch you online to talk to you about the issues with submitting my app yet. Any idea when a good time to catch you would be?