So you're planning to "Scaridize" talon?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UgIierBetty

08-20-2013

Ugh I hate that if I play somebody like CassiOPeia or Evelynn (mid-short range mages) there is literally nothing I can do do win my lane.

He does a Katarina jump to me with a silence, and uses Q and I'm already below half health even if I'm building armor.

Even mids that straight up counter you (LeBlanc) have EASY counterplay: (push the lane, stay back, opt for sustain and MR).

Though even if you build armor against Talon, you still die. There is literally nothing you can do to win the lane.

But who am I to complain: I haven't actually laned against a Talon in a while. Just throwing my two cents in.

Cuz1972

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroAnubisPain View Post
The same thing you do when Kha'Zix jumps on you. You use your escape/knockback and then kite him off until he's dead, or have your team do it for you.
You're probably not going to get him off of you until his combo is out. Cuz you know, silence.

CDZoro

08-20-2013

Lol Talon no counterplay? Rofl.

The only counterplay to talon is to burst the **** out of him. Wait for the small silence to go off and go all in on him. He is not the kind of assassin that can 100-0 you like Zed. You can outburst talon easily, I've played against talons and I play talon enough to know about this

If you mean no counterplay, there's Kassadin. Waiting for his silence to end is a pain because he can basically 100-20 you and by the time you wanna answer to his aggression he riftwalks away and you cant do much.

SouL1ess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
So I could start with an item that built into nothing in my build, just so I can not explode to a person in lane? Please, tell me more on how I was actually countering him instead of setting myself back gold.

If we are talking about the now, then we forget that Talon's combo actually does more damage than before since they fixed the Cutthroat bug.
1. Denying Talon kills denies Talon mid-game. He has no utility so he is much worse off than you. Assuming you are AP mid, whose class always has immobilize or actual hard CC. Buying Armor is Exactly what you should do to counter Talon. You make him weaker by denying him early-game gold. Now he isn't as much of a threat mid-game because he can't snowball.

lol

the bugfix meant Talon dealt less damage until level 17.

A major portion of the game is how you play early-and-mid game. Talon got nerfed strictly because his "damage amplification" didn't work.

Holiday Swag

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
A lot better than you would expect.
Tried it in a custom once, didn't think it was possible since blue and red left me so low.

The Scyphozoa

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Let me be clear
Scarizard4prez

Raiyn

08-20-2013

Win-rate is just one of many factors when you balance a champion right?

Maybe talon has a high win rate because people ONLY pick him vs champions they KNOW he counters i.e. Kassadin and thus they have a higher chance of winning as compared to picking Talon vs i.e. Zed - a match up you a much much less likely to see.

Can we all just stop quoting win-rates? Please? Riot included too.. Winrate is one part of a large puzzle -_-

Kijitow

08-20-2013

Sorry Talon fans. I just pray he doesn't look at any of the champs I like soon.

Holiday Swag

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz1972 View Post
You're probably not going to get him off of you until his combo is out. Cuz you know, silence.
Dear god that 1 second silence! When will it ever end!

Insoy

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Nope, it's on page 12. Dev Tracker/First Riot post has been bugged all weekend - i've posted like 10+ times in the Rengar thread since last friday that almost no one can see because of it @_@ it's pretty annoying when trying to communicate with people but not going to keep me from posting in threads altogether.
Forum bugs too hmm? You got a lot to fix..
By the way when you cast Talon's ult and press R to retract the blades fast enough it glitches and the 2nd wave never hits or shows at all since there isn't an animation on how fast the blades come back with how the player pushes it. That's been there since S1 and I understand that's an animation problem but that bug has live their for almost 2 years.