So you're planning to "Scaridize" talon?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Insoy

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
What i meant with my 'i don't know' is nowhere in my post did the words 'We are looking at Talon' 'I am reworking Talon' 'Talon is going to receive a Rework' ever appeared. I know why you thought that - because you quoted me as giving an example of him as a champion with low counterplay, but if Talon was a champion that Live wanted to rework/update in some way, i would have said so (I recently posted in a Taric thread that Live Design is interested in him but needs to clear far more stuff off our plate to get there).

I don't think it's sad that you know more about Talon than me - You play almost nothing but Talon. It's obvious and expected that you have a greater understanding of his specific matchups, buildpaths, and situational strengths than i do. I'm just saying that i mained him for almost a year and loved playing him and can attest to him being fun (Made it from 1100 to 1600 S1, then 1300 to 1800 S2 playing almost exclusively Talon). I'm not trying to make this a contest ?_? just saying i'm with you when i think Talon's a super cool character.

Talon has one of the higher winrates in our game in every region, ranked and unranked, in a wide range of elos. He isn't -just- good in low elo normals D:
Did you just delete your previous post?
And no I played more Katarina games and Cho above my talon in normals. I just happen to want to be known for talon when I was back in season 1 when TNA is known for Katarina king now. That's why I did it.

I didn't think I had to solidify evidence but now I do...

Borigrad

08-20-2013

Quote:
Talon has one of the higher winrates in our game in every region, ranked and unranked, in a wide range of elos. He isn't -just- good in low elo normals D:
The only times i see Talon get played in Platinum and diamond games is when i play him, and i play him as a jungler so i can get past his terrible lane phase cause of things like Lissandra, Ahri and Orianna touching my body. I rarely see anyone pick Talon ever.

Aolong Hong

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
If you are accusing me of being an ADC main, sorry, but that is my second least favorite role (solo lanes or support).

And isn't that the issue here? Talon in lane has minimal counterplay, not that he has no counter play at any points of the game.
Im not accusing you of being an adc main, simply pointing out that just because it doesn't build into a damage item doesn't mean you can't buy it. His counterplay are the things I listed, and prob more, you'd have to ask Insoy for more since I usually don't play or play against Talon.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

08-20-2013
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoy View Post
Did you just delete your previous post?
Nope, it's on page 12. Dev Tracker/First Riot post has been bugged all weekend - i've posted like 10+ times in the Rengar thread since last friday that almost no one can see because of it @_@ it's pretty annoying when trying to communicate with people but not going to keep me from posting in threads altogether.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
That's actually pretty pitiful when you consider his pick rate. The lower a pick rate of a champion, the higher their win rate should be. Cause of the people who pick them and in what circumstance they are picked.

The fact Zac has 8 times the pick rate, with roughly the same win rate, proves how much stronger he is. Same with elise, 7 times the win rate with on average the same win rate.
Considering it is also challenger, where it is the (theoretical) highest skill level outside of tournaments and Talon has always been since release, a niche pick, I'd say it is pretty good.

But then again, the issue here was not pick rate, so much as win rate, where the person stated that Talon ONLY had a good winrate in normals. 51% is pretty good in a month. I mean, if you look at it independently from pick rate, it is comparable to Vayne.

Aolong Hong

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
i play him as a jungler
...How well does that work?

Borigrad

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Considering it is also challenger, where it is the (theoretical) highest skill level outside of tournaments and Talon has always been since release, a niche pick, I'd say it is pretty good.

But then again, the issue here was not pick rate, so much as win rate, where the person stated that Talon ONLY had a good winrate in normals. 51% is pretty good in a month. I mean, if you look at it independently from pick rate, it is comparable to Vayne.
Challenger has Talon being picked 3 times. I couldn't use it as a reference point, so i used diamond games.

Me br huehuehue

08-20-2013

Quote:
It's almost as if people like playing Kassadin and Lux, both of which he counters!

Mecha KhaZix

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoy View Post
Only Talon (another low counterplay champion) just kind of dives directly into a team and dgaf - Scarizard

Where do you get this no counterplay argument from?
lol op, stahp strawmen pls

Borigrad

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroAnubisPain View Post
...How well does that work?
A lot better than you would expect.