Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jiggybuns

08-20-2013

Hi, I'd love to know when my account is going to get moved back to NA from LAS after the "hacker" transferred me there for getting mouthy with him on the forums.

Every person who posted on the forums is as much at risk as I was, so I assume you're taking this matter very seriously. What are you doing to prevent this access in the future?

TDR Baby Firefly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Firstly, I want to say thank you! For addressing the security breach and taking measures to make sure people's accounts are safe once again.

I would like to ask about the credit card information. Has it all been removed or did you take some extra steps to protect it? I have a couple numbers on my account I use and I just want to be sure they're safe.

Dory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

GG Riot.. GG... How did someone hack you guys? like lolwut was it koreans?! GG now koreans have secret info on how to beat C9 at worlds.

Was it really the new forums??

On topic: At least you told me change my password, TY.

Chager

Producer

08-20-2013
2 of 13 Riot Posts

@Chess 435 - Yes, even if you have a strong password you'll be required to change it. However, if you've changed your password since the maintenance last night, you won't be required to as you would have used the new pw standards we put in place

Cirno Strongest

08-20-2013

Explains last nights patch.

Halcione

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eludeasaurus View Post
why does the password changer take 17 Numbers/letters before it will say its ok? im not going to memorize this. =|
Not necessarily, mine is way shorter and "strong". you can get creative and still let it be pretty memorable :x

Farranor

08-20-2013

This is a much better response to our recent security concerns than the contradictory statements and thread deletions we've been getting until now.

Thank you.

Darkness4910

08-20-2013

I changed my password 10 minutes ago ._. Now I have to modify it again? =(

Brightinly

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chager View Post
hi all,

my name is chager and i'm a live producer here at riot. I wanted to open this thread so we can centralize discussion/questions/concerns about today's security announcement:

http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/e...password-reset

we'll have rioters monitoring this forum and the comments section of the front page article for questions, and will also help direct folks to the right ares if you're having trouble resetting passwords or accessing your account.

Thanks,
-chager
Name:  dsclose.jpg
Views: 4293
Size:  64.3 KB

EDIT: NVM, he changed it. Well played Rito.

FrozenXylaphone

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chager View Post
@Chess 435 - Yes, even if you have a strong password you'll be required to change it. However, if you've changed your password since the maintenance last night, you won't be required to as you would have used the new pw standards we put in place
Did the hacker get our actual passwords?