POV in Summoners Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mecha KhaZix

08-15-2013

I still don't see why people have a problem playing on Purple side..

Love Fat Girls

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafCatMoan View Post
Riot has been "Considering Options" since beta.
Riot has been "Developing Magma Chamber" since 2009

Kanyeezus Christ

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha KhaZix View Post
I still don't see why people have a problem playing on Purple side..
skillshots are much harder to land while playing purple side, since the ui covers a ton of the screen

RainForrestGump

08-15-2013

I agree with the idea of moving the UI to the top (optionally, ofc)

FromTXwithLove

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nipples View Post
skillshots are much harder to land while playing purple side, since the ui covers a ton of the screen
Can't you just scroll your camera two inches and see fine? I don't even keep my camera centered on my champ for skillshots when I'm playing blue side. I'm always looking where I'm working, not where I'm standing.

Mecha KhaZix

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTXwithLove View Post
Can't you just scroll your camera two inches and see fine? I don't even keep my camera centered on my champ for skillshots when I'm playing blue side. I'm always looking where I'm working, not where I'm standing.
Basically this.

The area that isn't covered by the UI is the same regardless of your map positioning.

BelligerentGnu

08-15-2013

Guys, this has been covered to death and back.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=2019392

Read this thread, and post *there*.

torunekoLoL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-15-2013

look, it's not UI that is the problem, but the camera angle.
since the game is 3D and the camera is always at the certain angle that blue side can see deeper into purple side. while purple cannot see deep into blue side, but only their own side.

AIQ

08-15-2013

Flip the map so that no matter what side you are on it looks like blue side the only difference will be bot will go top and top bot for purple team and baron and dragon will switch.

This will have no effect on the iteration of the players since it all look normal to them.

Invert the controls for the COMPUTER/SERVER only so that when the purple player is bot and moving up to the river the blue player sees him moving down. If you invert everything like that then it should still look normal from all points of view with no vision advantages.

torunekoLoL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurkinAIQ View Post
Flip the map so that no matter what side you are on it looks like blue side the only difference will be bot will go top and top bot for purple team and baron and dragon will switch.

This will have no effect on the iteration of the players since it all look normal to them.

Invert the controls for the COMPUTER/SERVER only so that when the purple player is bot and moving up to the river the blue player sees him moving down. If you invert everything like that then it should still look normal from all points of view with no vision advantages.
i think that requires a lot of server-side calculations, and decent amount of coding too. but if that is possible, that's probably going to work.

i personally feel the best, yet not the easiest fix is to change SR to be sideways like TT. if not, then flipping the camera would still do it, but it could be awkward to have bots go top lane on purple side. and it won't be perfectly fair since now bots(adc and support) are playing in top lane PoV while enemy bots are playing with the regular bot lane PoV, and the same goes for solo top-laners.