Grumpy Monkey's Art Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sadistic Lulu

Recruiter

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
I think that's the tough question. What would you rather have? The females looking more like they belong with the likes of ziggs , rumble, teemo etc., or we take the males and make them more along the lines of tristana, poppy, and lulu.
i want to see both furry females and not-so-furry males as well. now to put amumu into this question...

Dryad Soraka

08-05-2013

bump

Sadistic Lulu

Recruiter

08-13-2013

i wonder when is grumpy monkey coming back for more awesome updates...

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

08-13-2013
32 of 34 Riot Posts

Thanks for the Bump! I'll see if I can dig up some stuff today!

LaxIsBack

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Thanks for the Bump! I'll see if I can dig up some stuff today!
grumpy monkey, do you have sculps of ahri???

Blafl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-13-2013

@Grumpy Monkey: do you ever do artwork for champions, it seems like you have true talent in the field you do, but I also think that you would make a great splash artist.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

08-16-2013
33 of 34 Riot Posts

Hey dudes, I am getting ready for Gamescom in Germany, then Pax Prime in Seattle! If any of you guys are around stop by the riot booth and say hi! I might even have an Arcade Hec or Riot Blitz for you!

And before I leave here are some older production art stuffs Here is some stuff from Varus's production.Before He was Varus, He was known as Jubei the Demon Archer. The writing department and creative teams came up with a story and his direction changed a bit.

Also here are some of the first reworks,Gangplank and Ashe. I don't think Ash's face was that jacked up on live, I think it was just an error on my viewport. It's fun to look back sometimes.

I also dug up some old feedback notes on Nautilus. He was initially a bit more colorful, we toned a few things back to make it feel more deep sea/ scary, and made the Anchor darker to separate him off the body. One of the first Champs I worked on.

And lastly my very first skin ever, Scarlet Hammer poppy. (used to be called Abyssal Armor, but then we made it red )

Attached Images
File Type: jpg jubei_high.jpg (497.9 KB, 2441 views)
File Type: jpg ganplank_0ld_New_1.jpg (954.3 KB, 12370 views)
File Type: jpg ashe_old_new_2.jpg (461.9 KB, 4351 views)
File Type: jpg nautilus_Feedback.jpg (535.5 KB, 2781 views)
File Type: jpg naut_before.jpg (1.06 MB, 2182 views)
File Type: jpg naut_after.jpg (1.03 MB, 2223 views)
File Type: jpg scarlethammer_poppi.jpg (516.2 KB, 3502 views)

Bicko

08-16-2013

That old Varus hair looks like Lucian's.

HypaCarry

08-16-2013

Hey monkey! Do me a favor and throw a paper ball at ironstylus and ask if he's going to make a Leona portrait anytime soon. :P

Splinterheart

08-17-2013

I was thinking a while back to ask you if you had images that compared past models with their respective VU's. Seems you got two down already without me saying anything! (Would appreciate if you could find the others )
Love your stuff, keep posting! ^^