[Guide] Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIM7Sparrow

12-10-2009

ehh. i'd much prefer waiting until rank 4 to have it be more powerful than leveling up a move that's not going to be your main source of damage. to me it's like fighting a losing battle. i know NS does more damage in the beginning and FP got nerfed but we need to just let it go and know that a bright future awaits us through maxing FP, lol.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2009

if both the opponents in your lane are melee, go force pulse.

otherwise, null sphere is better.

if there's a ranged on other side that doesn't like casting spells, you're not even going to be able to use force pulse efficiently.

the reason you guys preferred force pulse early is because you probably lacked mp.

AIM7Sparrow

12-10-2009

well my first item is a tear of the goddess so no that's not the reason. i just like to max my most powerful skill first and skip out on the harassing and farm better instead.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2009

if you force pulse you also end up fighting near enemy towers, it gets harder to harass well. people conserve mana early on anyway so force pulse can be difficult to cast.

there are obvios exceptiosn such as when laning with an alistar or soraka. in that case, force pulse is great.
lately ive been using null sphere to lvl 3 then lvling up force pulse.

J0ko

12-15-2009

I kind of question your mastery choice of defensive. Could you provide come clarity as to why this is useful?

Bait

12-15-2009

to be honest, the main reason people use defensive spec because they don't like respeccing mstery for each build.

there aren't that many mage stuff in the offensive mastery but the earlier ones are pretty good. tthe spell penetration is great so you might want to do 9/21/0.

the reason i do 0/21/9 is because i don't like switching masteries but 9/21/0 is slightly better suited for kassidan.

the other reasons defensive mastery is recommended:
1. the hp bonus makes it the best mastery early in the game.
2. the cleanse mastery is particularly powerful.
3. little goes to waste, most of the abilities are useful for the character.

wildfire393

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0ko View Post
I kind of question your mastery choice of defensive. Could you provide come clarity as to why this is useful?
Defensive mastery has a % bonus to AP, which is decent on casters. It also helps shore up Kassadin's Squishyness.

Honestly though, I'd think 9/0/21 would be ideal, as that gives you 9% CDR from masteries, making it easier to get to the 40% cap between 6% in runes and 25% from golem buff or another source. It also gives you a boost to mana regeneration and a number of other handy things.

Crazymtgplayer

Recruiter

12-15-2009

Sadly this is how i play kassadin now because they took away my Mejai's :[ but I must attest to its awesomeness :P

Romdeau

02-22-2010

Any chance that this guide will be updated anytime soon?

AIM7Sparrow

02-22-2010

btw null sphere and force pulse have almost exactly, if not exactly, the same range. Don't believe me? Press Q and put your cursor at the very edge of the cricle, then press e and see how far the force pulse cone extends out. ;D

e > q

Although I will say, I've recently found that I like to do the following for higher harass capabilities.

1. Null Sphere
2. Force Pulse
3. Null Sphere
4. Nether Blade
5. Force Pulse
6. Riftwalk
(Max Riftwalk, Force Pulse, Null Sphere, Netherblade)

2 points into null sphere does more damage and costs the same mana as force pulse I believe as well as increasing silence duration so I like to take an early 2 into it instead of FP. plus it's easier and more available to cast and can help with farming. Nether blade at 4 I usually almost always get just to be able to keep my mana up for more harass. The truck creeps net you 10 mana a hit and casters around 3-4. That adds up considerably fast for any given creep wave and ends up being about an extra null sphere every other wave.

Also, one time I did something super pro. Was getting chased by a singed who had just thrown me. I was sitting at 80ish mana and his flingcooldown was about to reset for the finish. So what do I do? I turn around and give him a whack with my nether blade, steal 30 mana, and hop the fence to freedom. ;D