Headhunter Master Yi

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot DudeBro

VFX Artist

08-06-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxanna C View Post
I played a higher price for Headhunter and for the particles

Now with the rework the particles were stripped off making chosen Yi the best skin.

Why did you take off the particles?
UT OH! I did the original headhunter as well as the rework and I thought they looked similar to me. I have some tasks I need to complete but I'll try and take a look at it. Hang tight, I'll need to carve out some time in my schedule, sorry I failed

LeVentNoir

08-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot DudeBro View Post
UT OH! I did the original headhunter as well as the rework and I thought they looked similar to me. I have some tasks I need to complete but I'll try and take a look at it. Hang tight, I'll need to carve out some time in my schedule, sorry I failed
Hey man, glad to see you checking out what is in most opinions, a now downgraded skin.

(Was totally going to buy it then saw it didn't look as good new as it did old, even though it had been 'upgraded').

Honggg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2013

I agree. Headhunter Yi is a little disappointing at its current state. It used to be the best looking Yi skin but now it's just meh

tailsmph

08-06-2013

Quote:
Have you every played street fighter 3? Would you could do (that would be balls to the walls awesome)
you could leave after images during Highlander like Yun does in Street fighter 3/4
Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxwsHD8tRYA

GGGVexcellent

08-06-2013

Yeah, I was sad after the rework. I bought Headhunter a long time ago and now I actually prefer Chosen, Assassin, AND Samurai over Headhunter. /cry

Commando Yi

08-06-2013

Quote:
yea man, reeeeeal disappointed here that i paid 975 rp for this skin which has become the worst one after the visual update

Lokocoho

08-06-2013

headhunter skin used to be da best; no triangle feet, pretty particles, giant sword
now it looks so bland in comparison to the old refurbished skins ='(

LimitlessChaos

08-07-2013

Quote:
Yeah - this needs a little touch-up to make it more apparent because one of the listed selling points of the skin was that it had a unique Alpha Strike.

Thanks, dude.

Dues Pater

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2013

b

Riot DudeBro

VFX Artist

09-04-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

I apologize for the delay. I got sick, had a pile of work to do, etc, etc. I also wanted to do a thorough investigation before I replied.
So I pulled up his Alpha Strike particle from Vi's build and looked at the particle logic/content and it's the same. There is an animation of Yi slashing around that I'm playing through a particle. From what I can deduce is the old Headhunter Yi only played this animation and the new Yi plays this blended with the new rework particle. So it's there but it's sharing the spotlight with others now.
Hope this helps and I hope you are still enjoying his rework.
Cheers!