Riot said a time ago that Irelia's kit was too strong

First Riot Post
123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

My Desired Name

08-05-2013

Agreed. I think she needs a heavy nerf to her W. I don't play Rift, but in Treeline and Dominion she's one of the most broken champions. Health% true damage just doesn't make any sense, there's literally nothing you can do against it. Tumble needs a bit longer cooldown as well.

WhoopsiGoldburg

08-05-2013

I don't recognize you in the dom forums or any games I play... So I'm going to assume your exaggerating.

Elewd

08-05-2013

Irelia has a gapcloser stun slow true damage innate sustain that doubles when actiaved, waveclear, and a passive tenacity boost that stacks with other tenacity items.
Vayne has a gapcloser truedamage Steroid stealth and situation stun+knockback

Zileas

VP of Game Design

08-05-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Aurum View Post
It's hard to balance her because her kit have a bit of everything they said.
Vayne's kit have even more things, and her last nerf actually didn't change anything. Her ultimate isn't her problem.

Her W is the problem. Health counter true damage, but vayne is a ranged hyper carry with % health true damage. You can't even say this without laughing.
It's more that she lacks counterplay, so she will tend to snowball a lot. Reliable stun, really good sustain, excellent chase potential, etc. When characters lack counterplay, we balance them to fair, but they are on a knifepoint of out of control or totally awful depending upon how the game goes. Good play comes from rich counterplay where you are 'in the game' for longer once you are behind if you make a great play (or the other way around if you are ahead). This is a lot more interesting to everyone, and a lot less frustrating, it's win win and makes the lane experience a more protracted battle for dominance.

This is a lot of why we've avoided hard lane counters at champ select and don't have a lot of types of skills. I know you guys sometimes criticize us for it, but that's the upside (which is also why Irelia gets so many complaints of either too strong or too weak vs most champions).

SUPERIOR SK1LL

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
It's more that she lacks counterplay, so she will tend to snowball a lot. Reliable stun, really good sustain, excellent chase potential, etc. When characters lack counterplay, we balance them to fair, but they are on a knifepoint of out of control or totally awful depending upon how the game goes. Good play comes from rich counterplay where you are 'in the game' for longer once you are behind if you make a great play (or the other way around if you are ahead). This is a lot more interesting to everyone, and a lot less frustrating, it's win win and makes the lane experience a more protracted battle for dominance.

This is a lot of why we've avoided hard lane counters at champ select and don't have a lot of types of skills. I know you guys sometimes criticize us for it, but that's the upside (which is also why Irelia gets so many complaints of either too strong or too weak vs most champions).
Her passive is the ultimate snowball skill. IF shes not ahead its not much use because she'll be running away. If she's winning you are totally screwed because theres no way you are going to escape a massive speed boost. I hate it. Its frustrating almost invisible power.

Why would you nerf Janna's passive instead of Vayne's?

Space Wizzard

08-05-2013

Quote:
It's more that she lacks counterplay, so she will tend to snowball a lot. Reliable stun, really good sustain, excellent chase potential, etc
wait are we talking about vayne or irelia here?

Galactic Teemo

08-05-2013

Quote:

I'd imagine you must really hate the current state of yorick then.

MoseyPoo

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic Teemo View Post
Vayne's stun is less reliable, she lacks innate sustain, and she lacks CC reduction.
Less reliable? Lol, it can also be used to peel for herself. Losing a 1v1? Press E and run away. That's very unreliable.

Galactic Teemo

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoseyPoo View Post
Less reliable? Lol, it can also be used to peel for herself. Losing a 1v1? Press E and run away. That's very unreliable.
It depends on the situation, lets say Irelia sees vayne, attacks her, gets condemned back, what does Irelia do? She Q's right back on and kills the *****.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

08-05-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic Teemo View Post
I'd imagine you must really hate the current state of yorick then.
Well... yes.

123456 ... 12