0 LP points for winning a game

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

opmothalova

08-05-2013

I just received 0 LP points for winning a game. I was at 99 LP and it refused to start my series. Game ended approximately 5 minutes previous to this post.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

08-05-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This is a situation you can get into if your hidden MMR is lower than what the leagues system expects you to be to move up into the next division. Just stick with it and you will make it into your series.

Yfrappefort

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
This is a situation you can get into if your hidden MMR is lower than what the leagues system expects you to be to move up into the next division. Just stick with it and you will make it into your series.
Hidden MMR was the worst idea ever.

opmothalova

08-05-2013

so essentially the game is trying to keep me lower and not allow me higher.. awesome

opmothalova

08-05-2013

seeing as I have been on a win streak and winning all of my games..

LUS Montplaisir

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by opmothalova View Post
so essentially the game is trying to keep me lower and not allow me higher.. awesome
No. You're mixing his answer with your expected response.
What's happening is that you're required to play consistently to enter the next tier. In order to do that, a point was set to determine where people should fit in regards to their consistency. If you're being 'clamped' like you've described (super small increases in LP), all you have to do is consistently win more, and you'll move up.

Elmanbeastio

08-05-2013

Listen. Clamped and zero is a whole different ballpark. Sorry this happened to you. I hope it never happens to me.

Mundo

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by opmothalova View Post
Well.. basicly if you continue to win more then you lose you will get out of it. If you lose you just lose what you gained last time. So you gained +1 so you will lose -1.

opmothalova

08-05-2013

well i keep winning.. and it keeps giving me zero.. so by the time i finally do lose a game ill lose like 3 lp

Dementation

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Bring back the Elo system for season 4 please. The League system is a failure and is determined by Elo anyway so I see no point in having this disguised system. It causes more anxiety than you guys tried to remove when implementing this. The only thing you had to worry about in the Elo system other than trolls/ragers/etc was losing, but with the League System you now have to worry and promotion series and demotions, which is two times more stressful than just losing and losing some Elo.

The League System also just stalls players from raising quickly as you have to play 10-25 games to get to your promotion series, then if you get unlucky, play 4-10 more to get back up to promotion series. Or if you gain 2 LP per win or even 0 like the OP, then you have to play upwards of 100 game just to reach promotion.

Seriously, nothing good came from the League System.