Malzahar, Voidlings disengaging while visions are up.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Docta Cheese

Senior Member

08-01-2013

I'm having the exact same issue ^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PallasAthens

Senior Member

08-01-2013

roit plz


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fastpaws

Member

08-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Afic View Post
Hey guys, thanks for all the information about this issue. I admittedly don't play toooo much Malzahar so this thread has been helpful in providing extra insight into the champion. I will definitely look into this and see if I can get any issues resolved. I'll make sure to keep this thread updated on my findings and please mention any other issues you find with Malzahar!
I have an issue detailed here: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...8#post40147358

Basically Malzahar's 0.5 second lockout on his ult is not always functioning correctly. It may be related to having it on smartcast. It usually happens when you are running to try ult a moving target but something is cancelling it and putting it on cooldown immediately; it may be movement commands, spell commands or auto-attack commands.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astaroth628

Junior Member

08-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Afic View Post
Hey guys, thanks for all the information about this issue. I admittedly don't play toooo much Malzahar so this thread has been helpful in providing extra insight into the champion. I will definitely look into this and see if I can get any issues resolved. I'll make sure to keep this thread updated on my findings and please mention any other issues you find with Malzahar!
Dude, I'm just saying, i cannot promise those puppies will be safe any longer!!! FIX PLS!!! <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theeakoz

Junior Member

08-05-2013

I'm not happy about this, I main malzahar have over 500 games with him. have all his skins and I basically play a lot of malz. This has made it so that he's not as strong of a farmer early game. He wasnt even that great of a farmer compared to karth or morgana but now the voidling is so dumb. I'm not happy about this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Afic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

08-05-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Sorry for the delay in response, but I have unfortunately needed to deal with some other issues. I am currently looking into improving the Malzahar-voidling experience. From what I have seen so far, the differences from the most recent patch are that the voidlings will switch targets off of the Malefic Visions target (if you auto attack something else), and that the voidlings will leash if you run away from a target affected by Malefic Visions (previously the voidlings would basically stick to a Malefic Visions target no matter what).

Please let me know if you guys notice anything else that is different from before (first I am going to focus on the un-intended changes that happened to him, and once those are straightened out I can start working on other issues). The more detailed you can be the better, and again I am most interested in differences from the previous patch. Thanks for the responses in advance!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ofermod

Senior Member

08-05-2013

Is there any chance of this being hotfixed (even if just a revert to pre-patch), or are Malz players going to have to wait for the next patch? Because it's... really quite painfully noticeable, as far as his laning phase is concerned. He's clearly weaker than he used to be, and it's not like he was exactly OP to begin with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Afic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

08-05-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofermod View Post
Is there any chance of this being hotfixed (even if just a revert to pre-patch), or are Malz players going to have to wait for the next patch? Because it's... really quite painfully noticeable, as far as his laning phase is concerned. He's clearly weaker than he used to be, and it's not like he was exactly OP to begin with.
Sorry to say but it doesn't look like we will be able to get out a hotfix for this. This is however on pace to make it into the next patch (3.11). On the positive side though, this fix should also address the issue where the voidling doesn't immediately start to attack the Malefic Visions target. Now if your 4th spell (triggering the voidling passive) is Malefic Visions, the voidling will immediately head towards your E target instead of standing around for .25 seconds or so.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Afic View Post
Sorry to say but it doesn't look like we will be able to get out a hotfix for this. This is however on pace to make it into the next patch (3.11). On the positive side though, this fix should also address the issue where the voidling doesn't immediately start to attack the Malefic Visions target. Now if your 4th spell (triggering the voidling passive) is Malefic Visions, the voidling will immediately head towards your E target instead of standing around for .25 seconds or so.

This is ridics, I can't play my fav champ he's just broken for..what, a month?

It's ok I'll just play my other fav champ, Karm..oh, right, y'all deleted her. Maybe I'll play my third fav champ Viktor he's good right?

Well anyway, while you guys are fixing him can you reduce his ult range a touch to make it the same as ignite? Right now if you ult and they're just on the tip of the range and you cast ignite you move and disrupt the ult. It may seem like a nerf to reduce his range slightly but it's better than dealing with the 1/100 chance of ruining everything.

It'd also be nice if his voidlings did not leash to follow him while they're on a target. They should stick with it until it dies or they do. That'd be awesome.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theeakoz

Junior Member

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Afic View Post
Sorry to say but it doesn't look like we will be able to get out a hotfix for this. This is however on pace to make it into the next patch (3.11). On the positive side though, this fix should also address the issue where the voidling doesn't immediately start to attack the Malefic Visions target. Now if your 4th spell (triggering the voidling passive) is Malefic Visions, the voidling will immediately head towards your E target instead of standing around for .25 seconds or so.
Malz also has a lot of bug around his ulti, it gets canceled a lot for no reason. One time it happened with leesin. and here's the explanation of someone else who it happened to.

"After jumping over the dragon pit wall, i ran into malz waiting outside the entrance, waiting to jump me. He threw down his e, w and attempted to ult me. However, i was mid jump when the ult went off. For some reason, the animation finished, ending the suppression well before it should have. I watched the replay but as far as i could tell he didn't end it himself, which leads me to believe it was a bug."

Thank you.