What % of The Population Plays Ranked?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samuel L Jaxx

08-05-2013

Out of the total playerbase, how many players are ranked?

How many actively play ranked?

TerraIgnis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2013

Around 1million~ players for ranked

Galactic Teemo

08-05-2013

Some random guy on the forums said 50% of the population was unranked last season.

I'll have to search for the quote, brb.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

08-05-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

It's almost certainly a majority of level 30s if the measurement is along the lines of 'at least occasionally plays ranked', though I don't know the exact number. I do know it's been steadily and pretty rapidly growing in popularity over the past year between eSports, the new leagues system, and the general maturing of the audience (as people become more confident in their skills and want to take it to the next level)

Kawaii Carlos

08-05-2013

Anyone who has the balls to play ranked

FlamingoFondue

08-05-2013

100% of the toxic population

SlumlordThanatos

08-05-2013

I'm waiting until I can move back to my college so I can have some reliable internet.

As it stands now, I'm tethering through my smartphone. I'm sure Verizon hates me right now.

TerraIgnis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2013

Here's a somewhat outdated chart!

http://i.imgur.com/Bqln4yy.png********

Minishmaster

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
It's almost certainly a majority of level 30s if the measurement is along the lines of 'at least occasionally plays ranked', though I don't know the exact number. I do know it's been steadily and pretty rapidly growing in popularity over the past year between eSports, the new leagues system, and the general maturing of the audience (as people become more confident in their skills and want to take it to the next level)
More that this season is addictive with the league ranking system, IMO. Where people who were low/mid in their metal tier just needed to play once every few weeks to maintain their rating, now you're never more than a few wins away reaching a promotion series in your league.

NaJin Slash

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Oh Zileas, you got us once again.