just got a verbal abuse warning

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheese Is Yummy

08-05-2013

I haven't verbally abused anyone in game to my knowledge, but whatever from what i have heard seen and read this will eventually get me banned. Sad when saying anything in game can get you in trouble so fine i'm muting everyone and just never gonna type in chat.

Heaven forbid you should be ale to talk to anyone and potentially make friends because in this game you have to treat everyone like their a preschooler or you get banned cause they are all oversensitive to the point a 7 year old girl looks mature by comparison.

WiIl Smith

08-05-2013

hope u get banned u abusive person

#tribunal plz perm ban asap

BRTHEBEST

08-05-2013

Open your email. Read the tribunal case. Post it here.

Then maybe some people will have sympathy for you. But probably not, because chances are you acted like a jerk.

CrimsonDivide

08-05-2013

They always show you the tribunal cases that cause you to get warned or banned, not to mention people talk trash all the time and never get reported which means you actually DID do something to get reported.

SavageMinnow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2013

If it was the in-client warning, that doesn't do anything. It only tells you there was a report spike.

People, please, stop complaining about things you don't know anything about. It only serves to annoy people who understand better, and I don't have the time nor the patience to post 50 times a day explaining the systems Riot stickies information about but you're too lazy to read.

The argument that LoL is full of bans is complete and utter lies. The only people who believe this are ragers and those too ignorant of how anything works to listen to anyone other than said ragers. Go spend some time in the Tribunal forums, if you absolutely need more information on how Tribunal works.

Quadrakill Amumu

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese Is Yummy View Post
Heaven forbid you should be ale to talk to anyone and potentially make friends because in this game you have to treat everyone like their a preschooler or you get banned cause they are all oversensitive to the point a 7 year old girl looks mature by comparison.
Judging from your response here, I would say that the warning had a high probability of being legit.

You don't come across as an even remotely mature human being.

Cheese Is Yummy

08-05-2013

Oh im sorry its totally mature to report someone for verbal abuse when all you said was report the two leavers after the game.

Yes or getting reported for telling your support karthus to stop stealing your farm.

Or for saying to shut up and stop fighting each other. Totally toxic thats me.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

08-05-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
I haven't verbally abused anyone in game to my knowledge, but whatever from what i have heard seen and read this will eventually get me banned. Sad when saying anything in game can get you in trouble so fine i'm muting everyone and just never gonna type in chat.

If this was a tribunal email warning, you can look at the games.

If it was an in-game popup, it's just an FYI -- it means that you had a spike in reports relative to the past. I would just take a moment to consider if you did anything that would have prompted it and consider if you need to change anything. The answer could very well be 'no', but the point of those warnings is as an FYI to give people the opportunity to think about things well ahead of a tribunal warning. Most people who get those warnings will never end up in the tribunal, either because they modified their behavior, or because they were not actually getting reported that frequently.

It's sortof like if someone scowls at you because they thought you cut in line or something. Sometimes you deserved it, sometimes you didn't. Either way, it's good to know.

We implemented this system because overall it causes people to be a lot more polite to each other, and game to game all players (including you) benefit, even though it's a little bit frustrating to get the negative feedback when it occurs.

- Zileas

Fanaticmogg

08-05-2013

Quote:
Oh im sorry its totally mature to report someone for verbal abuse when all you said was report the two leavers after the game.
Whelp, you're breaking the rules here.

For future refrence, leave-based bans are automated and don't need reports.

Also, is it an in-client warning or an email warning? If it's the latter, post the reform card.

InkedUp

08-05-2013

I got an in game message saying I got reported for language, when all I said the entire game besides timing buffs was "ashe you really need to get a botrk"

12345 ... 6